Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House mates / Flat Share

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Undercover Brother

tok9 wrote: »
    Somewhere close to a Victoria Line stop preferably. Was thinking Finsbury Park area.

Hey, I live in Old Street and I've been thinking of moving out. Landlady issues. Another mate of mine is keen to move too, but 2 bedroom places are a ridiculous price. It scales better for a 3 or 4 bedroom. I work in Dalston so somewhere around Stokie or Finsbury Park would be ok for me. Although there are some decent 3 bedroom places around Liverpool Street too. Would you be interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hey, I live in Old Street and I've been thinking of moving out. Landlady issues. Another mate of mine is keen to move too, but 2 bedroom places are a ridiculous price. It scales better for a 3 or 4 bedroom. I work in Dalston so somewhere around Stokie or Finsbury Park would be ok for me. Although there are some decent 3 bedroom places around Liverpool Street too. Would you be interested?

Ya I would of been interested but I actually just took a house in Finsbury Park yesterday and should be moving in on Sunday. If that changes I'll let you know but at this stage I'm happy to just get a permanent place to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Where in Finsbury Park are you lad? That's where I live, it's a fantastic spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

FTA69 wrote: »
    Where in Finsbury Park are you lad? That's where I live, it's a fantastic spot.

That is good to hear as the sister had previously heard it was a little dodgy.

I'll be on Stroud green, about 7 mins walk from the tube. If you know of some good spots let me know :D

I'm on Stroud Green as well, a great pub to check out is the Faltering Fullback; it's a modern Irish pub with great food, beer and atmosphere. Its one of the best pubs in North London. Also just off Stroud Green is the Park Tavern which is an old-school Irish pub that hasn't been dusted since the Jurassic Period. It's the best place to watch GAA by a mile and also can be a fair bit of banter. Then again I do love my sh*theap pubs so it mightn't be for you!

The Old Dairy up by Crouch Hill Station is also a grand spot, bit gastro for my liking though. Also stay away from Cats Thai restaurant opposite Nandos, it's dogsh*t with an undeserved reputation.

Also this area (along with Holloway Road) can still be a bit saucy so keep the wits about you at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I'm looking for place up North somewhere as well. Got a temporary place in Haringey right now, but have to move out Sunday week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm looking for something in Hayes, Slough, Maidenhead uo to High Wycombe, literally homeless at the moment and starting work on tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I'm looking for something in Hayes, Slough, Maidenhead uo to High Wycombe, literally homeless at the moment and starting work on tuesday!

Maidenhead is nice enough but not a huge amount going on there at the weekends. You will probably end up going out in Windsor most weekends.

Slough. Just NO. Unless you want to live on the outskirts of Slough. Burnham is nice enough.

Never been to Hayes or High Wycombe.

Edit: Where are you working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Turns out I may need to move. Landlords being a dick.

Anyone know of anything in west London. Somewhere around Ealing. Budget is around 600pcm bills included but im a little flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Chops80

Theres currently a spare room in my house in the kensal rise area, (London NW10, lovely quiet area,5 min walk to bakerloo line, 10 min walk to overground, close to the old Irish areas of Kilburn, Queens Park and Willesden), its rented on a room only basis through an agency, 160 a week with all bills included, decent size room with flat screen TV, loads of storage and king size bed.

I've nothing to do with letting it out, but I know how much of a pain in the hole it is finding a place and thought this might be of interest to somebody stuck and looking for a room.

Feel free to drop me a mail if interested and i'll gladly pass on the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Looking for a flat share around the mansion house area as current place is being sold...anyone know of anything? (Surprisingly little in that area on spareroom)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Looking for a room as of the end of January...ideally in Hackney/Hoxton/Old Street area, single or double, not too fussed. If anyone knows of anything let me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Just in case anyone is looking in the Fulham/Chelsea area.

If you can tolerate living with a Dub that is :p

http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=3336144&search_id=171158255&city_id=&flatshare_type=offered&search_results=%2Fflatshare%2F%3Fsearch_id%3D171158255%26mode%3Dlist%26&

Best to reply to the add through spareroom if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

The place in Fulham is still available if anyone is interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Wintergreen

Hey guys I'm moving to London for at least 6 weeks in August, companies located in St Albans. Anyone know of any accommodation in that area that might suit me? Been looking on AirBnB and don't see anything nearby, cant get over the size of London!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Hey guys I'm moving to London for at least 6 weeks in August, companies located in St Albans. Anyone know of any accommodation in that area that might suit me? Been looking on AirBnB and don't see anything nearby, cant get over the size of London!

St Albans is not London, it's a long way away - a big country town (with a cathedral) - think of it as being a bit like a big/much prettier Naas. I'd be surprised if there was much Airbnb there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Marcusm wrote: »
    St Albans is not London, it's a long way away - a big country town (with a cathedral) - think of it as being a bit like a big/much prettier Naas. I'd be surprised if there was much Airbnb there.

It's also one of the most expensive places to live/buy in the UK. I would recommend investigating nearby areas instead - if they're accessible by bike/bus (cheaper than train by a fair bit, generally) then so much the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Two rooms going in West Hampstead at the end of August, pretty reasonable rent for the area and we've got a nice roof terrace for the September sun!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Marcusm wrote: »

"a big/much prettier Naas" !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement