Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headphone amp recommendations?

• 29-05-2013 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I bought the Sennheiser HD 598 headphones yesterday. I'm looking for a good headphone amp. Not really in to the mass-produced Fiio models but I am looking for something with an on-board DAC.

Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I am in the same position myself - looking for something to power decent headphones (HD 380s) off a bog standard PC soundcard.

There seem to be some decent Fiios also ... one in particular I was looking at which serves as both a USB DAC and portable headphone amp.
    for sale on Amazon for £70

Was also looking at the Traktor Audio 2 @ €99
    link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Cheers. I literally just bought a Fiio e09k desktop amp. Got it b-grade in a shop clearance online for £48 + £2.99 postage. Stroke of luck I think!

Not sure if getting an e17 amp helps it any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Cheers. I literally just bought a Fiio e09k desktop amp. Got it b-grade in a shop clearance online for £48 + £2.99 postage. Stroke of luck I think!

Not sure if getting an e17 amp helps it any?

Looks like it uses the e17 for DAC functionality.
    That's a bargain price (double that on Amazon) - where did you pick it up?

Send us an update after you have tested it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Advanced MP3 Players UK had it on their website this afternoon. B-Grade, box opened is all it said. At that price I didn't really care!

There was only one in stock, it's not on the site any more so I guess that was it. Time to pass the karma on! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Ah, long time no see ;) let us know how are you getting on with it.

I'm on my super pimped cMoy now - it suppose blow everything up to e11 out. Work nice with my new ATH-ES700.

I'm thinking though about upgrading either to C&C BH or Jds labs C5- haven't decided yet. cMoy does the job perfectly now, nothing wrong I can find with it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 vermilions

docentore wrote: »
    Ah, long time no see ;) let us know how are you getting on with it.

I'm on my super pimped cMoy now - it suppose blow everything up to e11 out. Work nice with my new ATH-ES700.

I'm thinking though about upgrading either to C&C BH or Jds labs C5- haven't decided yet. cMoy does the job perfectly now, nothing wrong I can find with it,

Hi, just wondering did you upgrade to either the C&C BH or C5? I'm leaning towards the BH myself for my beyerdynamic T51p and Shure Se215s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

vermilions wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering did you upgrade to either the C&C BH or C5? I'm leaning towards the BH myself for my beyerdynamic T51p and Shure Se215s.

Have the BH myself, it sounded wonderful with the SE215s, although I still remain under the impression they don't need amping. The switches on the BH are a really nice touch.

Advertisement