Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basking sharks in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Just got his yesterday evening with Daryl Ewing. Awesome dont cut it. Fantastic creatures on your doorstep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQFFq9lVX8&feature=youtu.be

That's amazing. I always suspected we had them here. Always hear about them off Achill/Connemara etc. Sligo/Donegal bay seems like a perfect place for them. Hope they hang around for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

A friend saw some off Raghly today as well.
    I saw one down at Mermaid's Cove a couple of years ago.
    They're big and very chilled out.
    Thankfully...

Pete M. wrote: »
    A friend saw some off Raghly today as well.
    I saw one down at Mermaid's Cove a couple of years ago.
    They're big and very chilled out.
    Thankfully...

Where's Mermaid's Cove? I'll be out to Raghly over the weekend with the binoculars and camera if the weather holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Mermaids cove is the other side of Mullaghmore beach heading towards Donegal. these guys were out as far as wheatrock buoy so a fiar bit out but had been sited in Strrdagh/Lislarry direction earlier in the week and near Aughris last night as well. Biggest was 25-30ft we reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

The thought of swimming about with one of those circling below me....

I know they're harmless but even when I saw it briefly pop it's head above the surface in the video, my heart jumped a little.

• Advertisement

Mermaids cove is the other side of Mullaghmore beach heading towards Donegal. these guys were out as far as wheatrock buoy so a fiar bit out but had been sited in Strrdagh/Lislarry direction earlier in the week and near Aughris last night as well. Biggest was 25-30ft we reckon.

Ah! Think I know the spot. Never knew what it was called. Thanks :)

Advertisement