Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TMBG - They might be giants!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

I suppose not everyone who got into them twenty-plus years ago would necessarily be still that interested in going to see them in 2013. The fools!

I agree. I'm not one of them though. I saw them in 1990 in the Olympia right before my leaving cert if I remember correctly and then a few years later in Columbia Mills on the quays. Anyone remember that gig?! So it was an amazing night in Vicar Street. The Wonder Villians had such a great energy about them. Thought they were great...

Ana Ng was always a favorite for me... Never thought I'd hear Fingertips live - magic stuff. Loved Don't Let's Start and quite enjoyed some of the later stuff. Great banter too. Sock puppets hilarious. So cool to see a band just be. Be what they are and enjoy what they do without any bull**** or faux artsy pretentiousness.

Bought a signed poster and got handed a bunch of stickers from Flansy at the end..

I just hope it's not left another 20 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Yeah, I neglected to mention Ana Ng in my original post. That was great. There were inevitably loads of songs I would have liked them to do (Destination Moon, Hey Mr. DJ, She Was a Hotel Detective, Meet James Ensor), but you're never going to get everything.
    They seemed to do more songs from Nanobots than they have been doing, which I thought was a bit surprising, given that they've not been here in so long, but they all worked really well, especially the garage punk-ish version of Call You Mom.
    I got a signed Nanobots LP, as well as a ton of stickers at the end. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

great gig, loved the amount of interaction, joking from them.
    A few friends came who don't know them that much but they left very happy.
    I didn't know that Fingertips was playable live. great to hear it.

I got a drumstick signed and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I got a photo of the setlist, which is always good to get:)

Istanbul (not Constantinople) isn't listed in the encore on the setlist in my photo, but they played it and it's listed here:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/they-might-be-giants/2013/vicar-street-dublin-ireland-2bc4ecda.html

They might be giants film is on More 4 tomorrow at 11:40am.

• Advertisement

Everyone here should be interested to know that Dial A Song is back- http://www.theymightbegiants.com/dial-a-song-2015/

Advertisement