Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Walkers - Naas

Options
  • 29-05-2013 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭

hi All,

Just wondering if anyone uses a dog walker in Naas, and if so what is the cost? Would you recommend the service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

My sister has just finished college for the summer so is available to walk dogs in Naas. PM me if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

My sister has just finished college for the summer so is available to walk dogs in Naas. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers, haven't actually got a dog as of yet, just checking out the services available before we take the plunge.

i'll keep her in mind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I use petsittersireland.com for cat-sitting at home, they do dog walks as well, give Mike a ring, they do a decent service and are good on short notice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alice carroll

Michelle Cahill used to walk my dogs. I think she now works two days a week. She is Kildare dog walking services. very nice lady and loves dogs. 085 126 9302. I was very pleased with the service - I think it was 10 quid an hour - I stopped using her when I lost my job and can walk my own dogs now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Try these, they are based not too far from Naas in Allenwood.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Hairy-Legs/217305561666278?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

budhabob wrote: »
    hi All,

Just wondering if anyone uses a dog walker in Naas, and if so what is the cost? Would you recommend the service?

Hey Budhabob,

I would recommend getting one of the kids or people who don't have a job around your local area who you know to do it.

Several reasons:

1) It is cheaper
    2) You know the dog will get 1 to 1 time
    3) You could be helping out people in need

I am sorry to whoever takes offence to this, but, I personally would never get a dog walker for several reasons, the main ones being, you are never sure your dog will actually be walked for the agreed amount of time, you do not know if your dog gets 1 to 1 time, and after all, you do not know what way the dog would be treated. i.e. "a tap on the nose" bullcrap could be normal for the dog walkers, and you don't know if that happens or not, at least, you wouldn't know if it happened or not fast enough.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Ace pet services. 3 hours a day out in Punchestown, the dogs are wrecked after it. My sister uses her alot.

Karlitto wrote: »
    Hey Budhabob,

I would recommend getting one of the kids or people who don't have a job around your local area who you know to do it.

Several reasons:

1) It is cheaper
    2) You know the dog will get 1 to 1 time
    3) You could be helping out people in need

I am sorry to whoever takes offence to this, but, I personally would never get a dog walker for several reasons, the main ones being, you are never sure your dog will actually be walked for the agreed amount of time, you do not know if your dog gets 1 to 1 time, and after all, you do not know what way the dog would be treated. i.e. "a tap on the nose" bullcrap could be normal for the dog walkers, and you don't know if that happens or not, at least, you wouldn't know if it happened or not fast enough.

That's the problem, we're relatively new to the area so wouldn't really know of any options for this. Maybe in the future.

beertons wrote: »
    Ace pet services. 3 hours a day out in Punchestown, the dogs are wrecked after it. My sister uses her alot.
    Do you know how much they charge her?

You'd have to give her a shout, she's away on holidays this week though. My sister sends her dog up to her to mind, from about 730 to 730 and she charges €15 for that.

• Advertisement

You'd have to give her a shout, she's away on holidays this week though. My sister sends her dog up to her to mind, from about 730 to 730 and she charges €15 for that.

Cheers. Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 friendlyfella

Hi all,
    My daughter is looking for Dog Walking and Dog sitting jobs ideally in South Kildare over the Summer. She is 17.5 years old and wants to be a vets Nurse.
    She is mature, responsible and bright.
    Anybody who has a little bit of work in this area please reply...thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Ace Pet Services - is that Ute? She walks my auntie's two dogs and also pet-sits their cat. Highly recommended. :)

boomerang wrote: »
    Ace Pet Services - is that Ute? She walks my auntie's two dogs and also pet-sits their cat. Highly recommended. :)

Yep.

Heard good reports about these but pity they don't have their prices on their web site

• Registered Users Posts: 25 starfish30

Ace Pet Services - 087 2935796, based in Naas / Sallins, info@acepetservices.ie, think they just moved to Sallins

I heard some dogs were stolen recently from the canine club in sallins - anybody else hear this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

I heard some dogs were stolen recently from the canine club in sallins - anybody else hear this

That was back in May. Both dogs were later recovered.

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/local-news/hollywood-star-lends-support-for-appeal-to-find-lurcher-missing-from-sallins-1-5208877

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=52880

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Irene Canine

Hi Budhabob,
    I don't know if you got sorted with a dog walker but I'm trying to set up a dog walking business in Naas. I'm starting with a very low price of €8.50 per hour or €40 for 5 hours. I've left my details with Moss Veterinary Clinic in Naas.
    Please contact me if you would like to discuss your requirements.
    Regards,
    Irene.

Advertisement