Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching in Qatar

• 29-05-2013 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Company in Qatar is seeking fully qualified UK & Irish teachers for positions in a wide range of international schools. This company has an Irish person working there who has worked in a school in Qatar and knows the market there.

Send enquiries along with CV's to education@gibs-llc.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jblowsdsl

Can someone tell me what Visa's are required to work in Qatar and how do I apply for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

Lots of jobs in Kuwait too. You will hardly even have to do an interview they are desperate for teachers, especially English teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭qwertyups

What levels of experience are needed for this position?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bloor

Jblowsdsl, it depends on what nationality you are. When you receive a job offer from a school here, they will start the residence permit when you land here and take care of your visa.

Bloor, thanks for your reply. I have an Irish Passport. how long will the residents permits and visa's take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 bloor

Depending on how efficient your employer is, it usually takes 4-6 weeks to process. Send your CV to education@gibs-llc.com

Great!!! Thanks.

No experience need in the school I am in. They are desperate for teachers. PM me if you want any more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I have tefl and a bachelor degree, is that enough?

You need to be a qualified teacher. I think there are some schools that work with unqualified teachers in the UAE - Sabis I think the company is called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

What is the position if a female wants to teach in an arab country in regard to going with and living with her boyfriend?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mel84

U will be stoned to death if found out

It's not allowed; it's haram. Some people in Kuwait pretended to be married and no one questioned it. I'm sure it's the same in Qatar as they are slightly more liberal. The thing with all the Gulf countries is that everything is about keeping up appearence even though everything is just hidden behind closed doors.

Advertisement