Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e fibre in ennis..anybody have yet

• 29-05-2013 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Hi due to get it installed on the 6th and just wondering whats the verdict so far.5old my line will get 40mb so looking forward to it.what should I expect.thanks for info

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

i am due 5th, with vf, how far from cabinet are you? I think we all get told 40mb. who are you with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Signed back with eircom.had three mifi which was crap.im bout 700m from cabinet. Hooe it lives up to expectations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Its out the lahinch rd. Someone over on the clare boards said they have it and getting great speeds

at 700m you are looking at over 40mb, there is a chart that gives expected rates based on distance and thats what I am quoting from. Let us know when its done and I'll do like wise. I have 2 cabinets and as yet not sure which one I'll get but as with everything it will more than likely be the furthest away one ie 750m. The other one is 170M!! We dont really know how the lines go so could be longer or shorter.

Its quite amazing we all had 3-6mb for years and now it goes to 40mb and we are a bit peeved when we see the others who are on top of the cabinet!!

Yes that one out the lahinch is the best I have seen 67mb up from 5mb = holy....
    smoke, and ping is 26ms.

Free at last very soon from sllloooowwww speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I got installed today with eircom in Tobartaoscain.

Before

2738601902.png

and after

2738890976.png

The install took 2.5 hours and went pretty smoothly except the KN guy had to put 2 separate junction boxes in my hall for the broadband and my phone. He then ran 2 lines into my sitting room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 stationery

Just got it installed in Rathfarnham. 2.6mb yesterday, 47.6 today. happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

ElNino wrote: »

The install took 2.5 hours and went pretty smoothly except the KN guy had to put 2 separate junction boxes in my hall for the broadband and my phone. He then ran 2 lines into my sitting room.

How did he run 2 lines into your sitting room?

can you post a picture of the junction boxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

the picture is at right angles for some reason but the top right one was the old socket. He ran 2 wires into my sitting room, one for the phone and one for the modem.

jtayjl.jpg

and my connection seems to have stabilized now so I am am very happy

2739318613.png

thanks, just enlarge, click raw and it rights itself. i wonder why he put in those 2 boxes? but nice and neat, as for your speeds welll.. it may even get better, dont disconnect modem for a good while.

94% faster than rest of ie and in ENNIS who would have thought it.
    gbc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

I got installed today with eircom in Tobartaoscain.

Before

2738601902.png

and after

2738890976.png

The new socket looks like the normal Eircom filtered socket. I have the same system here with one as you say to the phone and the other to the modem. Cannot understand why he fitted 2 additional sockets. Am I missing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

airuser wrote: »
    The new socket looks like the normal Eircom filtered socket. I have the same system here with one as you say to the phone and the other to the modem. Cannot understand why he fitted 2 additional sockets. Am I missing something.

Not the only one confused... :confused:

the picture is at right angles for some reason but the top right one was the old socket. He ran 2 wires into my sitting room, one for the phone and one for the modem.

jtayjl.jpg

and my connection seems to have stabilized now so I am am very happy

2739318613.png

From looking at the photo and the new master socket. That is the way my new master socket is connected also. Old to New. Yes, one to phone, other to router

What is odd in the photo is the two small junction boxes to the left of the Master Socket. Are they connected to anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

airuser wrote: »
    From looking at the photo and the new master socket. That is the way my new master socket is connected also. Old to New. Yes, one to phone, other to router

What is odd in the photo is the two small junction boxes to the left of the Master Socket. Are they connected to anything?

They are connected to the master socket. That's why we are confused. :D

This is like CIS. The grey wire to the router. That is one wire on the left. As you say the other(white) does appears to go the lower junction box, but is it connected to the upper one. Then continues to the left.

The question Why?

Would be normal to run cable directly to phone. All I can think of, is that the installer was not going to supply a new cable to the phone. Why then did he not place the master socket to the left of the power sockets.

The plot thickens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

thanks for all the replys.cant wait till the 6th now for real speeds.wonder if they will install it earler if i contact them

Advertisement