Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative English question

• 29-05-2013 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

When the theme/issue category of the comparative section asks you to "compare how authors of the comparative texts studied by you used key moments to express an important theme", should I focus on one key moment per text, or a series of key moments in each the the three texts? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I would use a different key moment from each text under the different headings you are using :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 leavingcert_13

What is most people studying for comparative theme or cultural contex ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

What is most people studying for comparative theme or cultural contex ?
    im doin cultural context, dont think i would even no where to start for the theme quesntion,,you always get a choice between the 2 dont you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 leavingcert_13

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    im doin cultural context, dont think i would even no where to start for the theme quesntion,,you always get a choice between the 2 dont you?

Yea but I'm just going by the ones that didn't come up last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dude Love 1

Are any of you studying quotes for the comparative?? I'm doing cultural context too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

I did cultural context and theme/issue.

For the question itself, I'd look at a few different scenes that relevant, rather than just focusing in on one from each.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dude Love 1

Thataone wrote: »
    I did cultural context and theme/issue.

For the question itself, I'd look at a few different scenes that relevant, rather than just focusing in on one from each.

Did you include quotes in your answer or is it necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

Did you include quotes in your answer or is it necessary?

I don't quote in general :o , but especially not for comparative.
    Obviously if there's a quote that's suitable and you know, you could stick it in, but we've always been told it's not necessary, as long as you know the texts :cool:

Advertisement