Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True skill ranking

Options
  • 29-05-2013 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭

Have been away from Xbox since they introduced this and only back now. How are people finding the ranking system. Is it as good as it was in halo 3. Is it still only available on halo waypoint?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's been over a month since i played but I got fairly into it for a while there. On some playlists it's like Halo 3 on others it's easier to rank up.

I think for all the Slayer variants it's based on your individual ranking, so even if your team loses you can still rank up provided you did well. On one hand it's bad because it makes winning less important on the other hand it's good because you get rewarded if you were carrying the team through the whole game. It's a bit of a double-edged sword in that way. The playlists that applies to off the top of my head are Infinity Slayer, Big Team, Rumble Pit, Multi-Team, SWAT, Fiesta and Snipers. You'll rank up pretty fast in those playlists.

All the other playlists such as CTF, Dominion, Throwdown, Doubles and Objective are team based ranks, so it takes much longer to rank up and you'd need a party going really unless you're total beast of course :P

Unfortunately it is only on waypoint which is a pain in the ass but some folks on the halo reddit made apps for checking your ranks that are much handier to use, especially if you have a smart phone.

I was using the leafapp one but they both work fine:

http://leafapp.co/

http://www.quickcsr.com/

You have to start from scratch as it wasn't tracking the ranks from when the game first came out but www.halotracker.com also have their own skill ranks that take your games from before into account if your curious. Halo tracker's ranks are all based on wins too afaik so would be closer to Halo 3.

EDIT: One downside I forgot to mention though, due to the low population its hard for the system to match you up with players of the same skill so you can end up getting matched with really bad players sometimes or end up getting your ass handed to you too.

Advertisement