Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midsummer 5k St Anne's Park Raheny 16 June

Options
  • 29-05-2013 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Coming up soon, The Tommy Lynam Midsummer 5k, 11 am Sunday, 16 June 2013 in St Anne's Park Raheny (the race is run on the paths in the park)!

5km road race in aid of Childline. Run, jog or walk in the picturesque surroundings of Dublin's hidden jewel, St Anne's Park, on Sunday, June 16 at 11am for Childline.

Souvenir medal and rain cape to all finishers. Chip Timing. 20 euro to enter.

Register at www.rahenyshamrock.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

A Midsummer race and you get a souvenir rain cape. That says it all. Brilliant marketing by the organisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

huskerdu wrote: »
    A Midsummer race and you get a souvenir rain cape. That says it all. Brilliant marketing by the organisers.

Practical & novel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

huskerdu wrote: »

Considering there were parts of the course flooded last year I would take that and wellies :D

There are age group prizes and medals in this race too!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 boboloo

Hi

Just wanted to check what direction the 5k route takes in St. Anne's Park on Sunday next? From looking at the map it looks like it is going in the opposite direction than it did in 2008/2009 which is the last time I ran this race!:rolleyes:

Wouldn't mind running it before Sunday. Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Dear JosDel

Many thanks for sending on that link. Looks like it's the same route.

Thanks again.

boboloo

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

I think this year's route is actually quite different to last year's. Here's this year's

mid%20summer%205km%20new%20route.jpg

http://www.rahenyshamrock.ie/news

Hello! I checked with the organiser and as boobaloo suspected, it's going in the opposite direction this year - just for a bit of variety.

boboloo wrote: »
    Hi

Wouldn't mind running it before Sunday. Thanks a million.

Definitely come along on Sunday. I did it last year & it was really fun & a fast course, I thought.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Eoinin and HelenAnn for your help. Variety is always good. Registered some time ago so will definitely be there.

Thanks again

Has anybody got a link to last years results ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good race out here today. I haven't been training so was really not looking forward to this and very close to pulling a sickie at 9:30 this morning but didn't want to let the boss down so sucked it up.

20:07 for me (predictably precision timing gave me my bonus 2 seconds for 20:09), disappointed and happy with that all the same time. Couple more 5Ks under my belt and I'll be complaining about how close I am to breaking 19...If only they didn't have tat 2k to 4k slump I'd be fine :P

Nice goody bag, well done Raheny. Very nice race.

Great race today, really enjoyed the new course layout, goody bag was tops!
    I got the time I wanted based on my current fitness. so happy with that...
    Big thanks to all the volunteers from Raheny Shamrocks, great to see all my running buddies from Civil Service out in great numbers and all running so well...

Advertisement