Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo laws

Options
  • 29-05-2013 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

does anyone k now the laws in regards to opening a tattoo shop in ireland or where i can find this information :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

At the minute, unfortunately, there are none. The industry is unregulated.

If you are looking to do so however, I would recommend that at a minimum you ensure that you have everything covered, with a safe, clean premises, sterilization equipment, hazardous material disposal, full training on tattooing (through an apprenticeship, not through a paid course!), public liability insurance, and blood borne pathogen certification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tattoolad2013

have all of this done but just wanted to know do i have to apply for a lience or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Long answer: Nope.

Short answer: No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tattoolad2013

thanks for you help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

... full training on tattooing (through an apprenticeship, not through a paid course!)...

So, you claim that you...
    ...have all of this done...
    ... but yet you don't know...
    ...does anyone k now the laws in regards to opening a tattoo shop in ireland or where i can find this information :confused:

Pardon me for asking, but: Just how comprehenmsive was this training/apprenticeship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

You would think anyone with an apprenticeship would know this basic as **** stuff

Advertisement