Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Days left!

Options
  • 29-05-2013 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Anyone feel worried? English paper one and two in 7 days ... shouldn't be that hard. I'm more worried about Irish on the Thursday:rolleyes:.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭iHappyPanda

Anyone feel worried? English paper one and two in 7 days ... shouldn't be that hard. I'm more worried about Irish on the Thursday:rolleyes:.
    I don't do Irish hehehe....

I am mostly worried about Business and History,GOD!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I am mostly worried about Business and History,GOD!!!
    I don't do business ... hehe :rolleyes:

I don't do business ... hehe :rolleyes:
    Well to be honest I would still rather do business then Irish because if I did Irish I would have been doing 3 languages and that is excl.English :eek:
    I would go mad

Well to be honest I would still rather do business then Irish because if I did Irish I would have been doing 3 languages and that is excl.English :eek:
    I would go mad
    Why don't you do Irish? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Ugh, English is the only exam I feel I won't do well in.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Ugh, English is the only exam I feel I won't do well in.
    Same but I am happy if I get a C :D

Why don't you do Irish? :confused:
    I did it in primary school and did not like to do it one bit in there as it was too much of my time to learn the stuff e.g. madra. pog ma hon, what ever :P
    So I decided ahh YOLO so went up to principle and simply said in the 1st day of 2ndary school that I never did Irish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

God I am so worried about English as it is my weakest subject

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

meh, only as worried as I was for other exams. I've looked at past papers for most of my subjects and I think I'm grand for a lot of them. Done some good study for Geography, History and Science over last few days. Remember lads, it's only the junior cert, it's no more important than your exams from all the other years.

• Advertisement

meh, only as worried as I was for other exams. I've looked at past papers for most of my subjects and I think I'm grand for a lot of them. Done some good study for Geography, History and Science over last few days. Remember lads, it's only the junior cert, it's no more important than your exams from all the other years.
    Well to be honest it is important then any summer or christmas test
    for any year

Well to be honest it is important then any summer or christmas test
    for any year

maybe in theory but in practice, it's really not. It'll have the same effect on your life as any other exams you did.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's the first major exam most people do, which makes it important. It's also a rite of passage in Ireland.

Yes, there will be more important exams, more difficult exams, but right here, right now, it's important for tens of thousands of 15/16 year olds.

spurious wrote: »
    It's the first major exam most people do, which makes it important. It's also a rite of passage in Ireland.

Yes, there will be more important exams, more difficult exams, but right here, right now, it's important for tens of thousands of 15/16 year olds.

I do not like the Junior Cert, they should have finished the JC when we came to 2ndary school in 2010

It is important for me now, probably more important than the others as it includes all 3 years worth but I don't see how the fact that it's a state exam should give this aura of important to the Junior cert. It's only going to have the same effect on me as any other exam I've done, apart from being practice for bigger exams to come I don't really know why I should be thinking it's much bigger than the other exams I've done

It is important for me now, probably more important than the others as it includes all 3 years worth but I don't see how the fact that it's a state exam should give this aura of important to the Junior cert. It's only going to have the same effect on me as any other exam I've done, apart from being practice for bigger exams to come I don't really know why I should be thinking it's much bigger than the other exams I've done
    YOLO ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Do bad in your JC = Bad fifth year class = Bad working environment = Bad LC

Don't think it's a walkover because it won't be, you'll be suprised when you walk into an english exam thinking you'll be fine and it's not important when you're waffling 90 marks of stuff you should have on hand.

Put your head down for the next few weeks and try your best, because it is important.

Do bad in your JC = Bad fifth year class = Bad working environment = Bad LC

Don't think it's a walkover because it won't be, you'll be suprised when you walk into an english exam thinking you'll be fine and it's not important when you're waffling 90 marks of stuff you should have on hand.

Put your head down for the next few weeks and try your best, because it is important.

Okay, first of all, that happens with all exams, where you are put into a better class based on results, I was put in higher level maths and irish based on results in 1st year exams. It's not exclusive to Junior Cert. I never suggested it was a walkover in any instance. I suggested that it is only marginally more important than previous exams I've done. For all you know I could've studied hours and hours for English in previous exams, continuing with this exam. I am studying more than other exams, simply because there is more within the course of 3 years. I really just don't value it more than other exams I've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Okay, first of all, that happens with all exams, where you are put into a better class based on results, I was put in higher level maths and irish based on results in 1st year exams. It's not exclusive to Junior Cert. I never suggested it was a walkover in any instance. I suggested that it is only marginally more important than previous exams I've done. For all you know I could've studied hours and hours for English in previous exams, continuing with this exam. I am studying more than other exams, simply because there is more within the course of 3 years. I really just don't value it more than other exams I've done.

You were put into your LC class in first year? That seems weird. So, it's more important, but you don't value it more than the other exams, even though it is more important? That's weird haha

Anyways, off to study now. I hope I can grasp these ledgers once and for all. G'luck!

You were put into your LC class in first year? That seems weird. So, it's more important, but you don't value it more than the other exams, even though it is more important? That's weird haha

Anyways, off to study now. I hope I can grasp these ledgers once and for all. G'luck!

No, I said I was put into classes based on results then. I'm saying it's not the first exam where I've been put into classes based on results. And I said it's only marginally more important for the reasons that it's the 3 years of stuff and good practice. Beyond that, which I don't think is to the importance of all the stress people are under recently, I don't value it all that much more than previous exams. Maybe a bit, I guess. I still feel it's gonna have the same effect on me as any other exam.

• Advertisement

Beautifully said!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Its been awhile since I did my junior cert but all it does is decide where you'll be in your leaving cert classes so it is important to do well in the subjects you want to continue. And dont forget CSPE, its very important and everything can be made better with posters!

Its been awhile since I did my junior cert but all it does is decide where you'll be in your leaving cert classes so it is important to do well in the subjects you want to continue. And dont forget CSPE, its very important and everything can be made better with posters!
    Don't forget to colour the posters >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

Don't forget to colour the posters >.>

Oh God! I don't think I have done enough study for it!

Advertisement