Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Home Needed ASAP for This Little Guy

Options
  • 29-05-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I need to rehome this little fella sharpish as im changing my setup to a shrimp and tetra planted tank.
    He is FREE to anyone who can collect him
    Macropodus%20opercularis%20CT%20(1).JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭oldat31

What type of fish is it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

oldat31 wrote: »
    What type of fish is it

It's a paradise fish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

Is that a fungal infection on his gill?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It seems to be a feature of the species. I know they're related to bettas and gouramis, and I think they need the same kind of care.

paul71 wrote: »
    Is that a fungal infection on his gill?

That's just a stock photo from Google. Couldn't get a decent pic of him on my crap phone. He looks pretty much the same as that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

7ofBrian wrote: »
    That's just a stock photo from Google. Couldn't get a decent pic of him on my crap phone. He looks pretty much the same as that one.

Thanks 7ofB, I should probably have asked that question in pm not on the thread sorry. He is an great looking fish but found this on wiki,

"Paradise fish will often fight with other fish for dominance, particularly other aggressive, robust fish, such as cichlids, gouramis, and even flying foxes. They therefore should not be housed with any other fish which may attempt to challenge them, because this leads to fighting."

I have a community tank with tiger barbs so not sure he would mix with them.

"If kept with significantly larger but non-aggressive fish, such as geophagus cichlids, large synodntis catfishes, or larger gouramis, they are usually submissive and do not act nearly as aggressively as when they are the dominant species in the aquarium"

He'd probably be grand. Had him with 4 SAEs, 2 zebra danios and a couple of gouramis up until recently and eveeryone got on grand. They were easy to rehome though.

Rehomed now.

Advertisement