Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming to end of 1 year contract

Options
  • 29-05-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi,

I am coming to the end of the 1 year contract I signed to take both electricity and Gas from Electric Ireland and I am wondering if this means that the rates/charges will increase?

Currently my rates and charges are (before VAT):

Electricty unit rate: 16.99c
    Standing charge: 30.36c per day
    Discount : 14%

Gas unit rate: 5.19C
    Standing charge: 21.71c per day
    Discount : 6%

Yesterday I had a Flo Gas rep called to my door and offered me:
    Gas unit rate: 4.41C
    Standing charge: 21.17c per day
    Discount : 15%
    There would be no contract  and no penalty to switch.

If I switch my gas to Flo Gas and keep my electricity with Electric Ireland will i still get the same rates and discount as above?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi flanders2006,

When discounts expire customers are placed on our standard rates, as per the original priceplan's terms and conditions. The standard unit rates are the same as those quoted above - the difference is that there are no discounts applied to them.

If you change your gas to another supplier, but keep electricity with Electric Ireland, you would be eligible to have a 6% discount applied to your electricity. However, if you keep both gas and electricity with Electric Ireland, you would be eligible for our Dual ValueReward priceplan, which entitles you to 10% off both fuels.

See here for more information, and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement