Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potato Scallops in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-05-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I used to frequent the chippers of Drogheda and a few did this lovely thing called a potato scallop.

Basically is a large slice of potato deep fried in batter, sometimes I think it can be a type of potato cake but I think it's meant to be a slice.

Its very nice with a bit of salt and vinegar and goes well with a burger when you don't want a whole pile of chips.

Anyone know where I can find one in Dublin, preferably D12 or near city centre?

I'm not despite this post an unhealthy person so don't worry that you might be encouraging the gluttony of someone on with clogged arteries :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CleanBurning

There's a place by Fibbers on Parnell Street that does them, once walked all the way there after a night out on Leeson Street just to get some.

I have a feeling the chipper at Kimmage crossroads may do them but that may well be incorrect.

Also Macari's in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Macaris in Ballymun as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Used to order from Luigi's down by The 5 Lamps and they always had them. Been at least 3 years since I rang them tho! Can't beat potato scallops!

As an alternative I found a packet of crsipy potato slices in M&S one day, they weren't too far off in taste but smaller in size. A packet of them would keep your craving away!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cabaiste Sabhaiste

Thanks. Macaris beside Mat Weldon's (The Slipper) definitely did have them but thats very much out of my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

used to get them for 25p each in a chippers in kildare for lunch as a kid, havent seen them anywhere else

• Advertisement
Advertisement