Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

car accident - thirt party not admiting liability

• 29-05-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have car accident 22 on March - thirt party crashed into rear of my car while I waited on Yield sign,entrance from Main Street to Snugborough Road (Blanchardstown). We took details from each other, agreed that we don't have to call Garda, as sitation is clear. I contacted third party insurance Zurich with all details, informed 123 insurance; I decided to deal with Zurich myself, as situation seems easy.
    So, after few months Zurich gave answer that third party started to deny liability and said that I was reversing and it was my fault. Then I involved solicitor.
    Today my solicitor informed that Zurich still waiting for signed form from theyr insured, but he is simply not co-operating and not responding to any mails. Zurich insurance said that they will refuse to indemnify him in respect of the accident, and in this situation, the claim will have to go through a body known as the MIBI which can slow things up considerably.
    Why all this is going like that? How can Zurich not admit liability, if this company insured that third party? Is there any other way to settle this claim? Any advice? has someone any experience with MIBI? How long does it takes?
    I'm still driving damaged car, can't open boot; but I don't want to do anything until claim will be settled and money received...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

I had something similar last year, where 3rd party drove into the side of my car.

The guards happened to be passing and just took both our details, but said to me as an aside that it was fairly obvious the he was at fault.

Unfortunately he would not fill out a claim form for his insurance, and they basically said they could not give the go ahead for work to start on my car until they got the form. I asked them what they were doing to chase up their client and got a not very satisfactory "we'll write to hm again".

I had to get a silicitor involved and threaten him with court and this seemed to do the trick. The solicitor's fees were covered by his insurance.

All in all it was about a month before I could get work started on my car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

daivokas wrote: »
    I have car accident 22 on March - thirt party crashed into rear of my car while I waited on Yield sign,entrance from Main Street to Snugborough Road (Blanchardstown). We took details from each other, agreed that we don't have to call Garda, as sitation is clear. I contacted third party insurance Zurich with all details, informed 123 insurance; I decided to deal with Zurich myself, as situation seems easy.
    So, after few months Zurich gave answer that third party started to deny liability and said that I was reversing and it was my fault. Then I involved solicitor.
    Today my solicitor informed that Zurich still waiting for signed form from theyr insured, but he is simply not co-operating and not responding to any mails. Zurich insurance said that they will refuse to indemnify him in respect of the accident, and in this situation, the claim will have to go through a body known as the MIBI which can slow things up considerably.
    Why all this is going like that? How can Zurich not admit liability, if this company insured that third party? Is there any other way to settle this claim? Any advice? has someone any experience with MIBI? How long does it takes?
    I'm still driving damaged car, can't open boot; but I don't want to do anything until claim will be settled and money received...

contact a good solicitor, this should have been your first port of call on the first sign of anything negative from either the driver or their insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daivokas

I already have solicitor, <MOD SNIP>... Not sure if they good enough, but still hope they will sort it out.. Just wondeing how tricky it is... Thirt party is simply not talking with his insurance, and they simply refusing to indemnify him. So, who will pay me then????

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

There is no legal advice allowed in this forum. daivokas, please read the forum Charter before posting here again.

jinkybhoy and Valetta banned for 5 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement