Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a 12 month contract mandatory?

Options
  • 29-05-2013 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I would like to activate the phone line in an apartment I have moved into, and I have no need for any bundles or to be locked into a twelve month contract. The Sales rep from Eircom said this contract is absolutely necessary, is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I would like to activate the phone line in an apartment I have moved into, and I have no need for any bundles or to be locked into a twelve month contract. The Sales rep from Eircom said this contract is absolutely necessary, is this true?

Hi PhilMcFlute

Yes there is 12 month separate contract for both PSTN (telephone line) and broadband service. The bundles offers and promotion work out cheaper than paying for the services separately.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

wow, seriously?
    What would the early breakage cost on such a contract (landline only).

I currently have no landline, I live in an urban area, relatively new apartment, Neighbors have landlines.
    I wish to sign up to a competitors service. For this service I require a landline.
    As far as I am aware Eircom are the only company who can provide me with a new landline.
    If I need to sign up to a 12 month contract with Eircom just to have the line enabled, would that not constitute some sort of monopoly?

Regards,

El D

eldamo wrote: »
    wow, seriously?
    What would the early breakage cost on such a contract (landline only).

I currently have no landline, I live in an urban area, relatively new apartment, Neighbors have landlines.
    I wish to sign up to a competitors service. For this service I require a landline.
    As far as I am aware Eircom are the only company who can provide me with a new landline.
    If I need to sign up to a 12 month contract with Eircom just to have the line enabled, would that not constitute some sort of monopoly?

Regards,

El D

Hi eldamo

A number of other companies can process a full installation. The order would be submitted for there service and although they may need to send the order to an eircom technician (via the wholesale process).

In that circumstance customers can set up a service through their preferred provider.

Thanks, Mark

Oh great, can Eircom arrange line installation without need for a contract?

Oh great, can Eircom arrange line installation without need for a contract?

Hi eldamo

The order would have to be submitted, by the required provider you wish to connect service to.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Thanks Very much Mark,
    Very helpful!

Thanks Very much Mark,
    Very helpful!
    Hi eldamo

Have you contacted the provider you wish to connect to. Did they advise that eircom had to activate the line?

Would you like me to look at the broadband / packages available with eircom in the area.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement