Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email to ask job interview outcome

Options
  • 29-05-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Folks,
    I interviewed for a job last week and they said they would let me know by Monday. It's now Wednesday and they still have not contacted me.
    I am wondering if it's too cheeky to email them and ask the outcome?

I'm in a dilemma, I was offered a job in the UK, and have to sign the contract this week. But I want the other job and don't want to sign anything until I hear.

Any ideas of how I could phrase an email to ask the outcome?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

So they want you to run after their coat tails and send an email?
    But then there is the other job in the UK.
    Hope I've made the choice a bit more easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Generally I'd say to give it more time, but as you've a job offer in hand that you have to act on one way or the other, then you need to contact them.

I'd call them rather than email though. There's no guarantee they'll reply to an email in time, and then you'll find yourself sending another email or having to chase them by phone.
    gugleguy wrote:
    So they want you to run after their coat tails and send an email?

Employers very often forget that even a slight delay in getting back to someone can be quite stressful for the candidate. It's a pain when you're waiting to hear back about a job. But to imply that chasing them up is in some way beneath you, or the company isn't worth working for is a bit silly.

Advertisement