Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful Summers Day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Looking good from Monday onwards, too early to know about sunshine but some warmth finally

ECM1-96_vyf4.GIF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I was expecting some nice weather this morning but it's become fairly overcast in Cork City.
    Fingers crossed it clears back to yesterday's stunning weather later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely start to the day again here in Loughlinstown, very mild and less windy than yesterday. hope it lasts! Currently 16.6C and rising fast. Heres to a third 20C+ day in a row :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,165 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's cloudier but still quite pleasant here in East Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Fell out of touch with detailed forecasts over the weekend. Checked back today on ME...jeebus...after a few forecasts last Thursday/Friday I was expecting to be basking in glorious sunshine starting today/tomorrow!

And the rest of the week? Sounds gank on ME. Lots of cloud and a few sunny spells usually means no sun of any sorts.

The changeable Irish weather...gotta love it! :)

Hopefully we make something out of this week...as the UK seem to in for decent weather for the forseable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

John.Icy wrote: »
    Fell out of touch with detailed forecasts over the weekend. Checked back today on ME...jeebus...after a few forecasts last Thursday/Friday I was expecting to be basking in glorious sunshine starting today/tomorrow!

And the rest of the week? Sounds gank on ME. Lots of cloud and a few sunny spells usually means no sun of any sorts.

The changeable Irish weather...gotta love it! :)

Hopefully we make something out of this week...as the UK seem to in for decent weather for the forseable.

"Largely dry and settled" from Monday night to Sunday - will take that tbh - once the wet stuff stays largely away, the grass can keep growing and the cows can stay out - im happy.

Anything would be an improvement on Summer 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yes ill take that too, but some sun to warm house up a bit would be welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Today has seen some sun break through those dull clouds. Reading MT's forecasts, it seems that Monday is the start of the battle from the sun with it appearing frequently for the rest of the week ahead :)

gurramok wrote: »
    Today has seen some sun break through those dull clouds. Reading MT's forecasts, it seems that Monday is the start of the battle from the sun with it appearing frequently for the rest of the week ahead :)

ill take today if its the worse day this week over anything. Glorious here. Yes cloud, but sun is shining through, when its not its warm. Feel good day. Car was reading 23, weather station 22.8c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Weather was great in Dublin, but as I looked north into Meath, there was dirty, black clouds are covering the sky. Unfortunately, I live in Meath, so I have to return to the dull weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Completely overcast here in Naas. There is no sign of a break in the cloud and now there is misty rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Overcast all day as well here in south Laois with very little wind...Sun on a day like today would have been great. Overall though this week looks like being pretty good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Dull here and I have put the heating on house feels cold.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Great day in the real capital :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wall to wall sunshine here all day. :) High of 20.1c. 18.2c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

South and east coasts in the box seat

ukvis_sat_201306031500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

couldnt care less about the clouds - its lovely out there :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sun only appeared in the past hour, very warm now after a dull and slightly drizzely afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Absolutely fantastic day. Wall to wall sunshine. BBQ and beer with friends. Long may it continue.

Saganist wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic day. Wall to wall sunshine. BBQ and beer with friends. Long may it continue.

still 20c outside. Enjoying some wine in the garden. Feels great.

• Advertisement

its after midnight, and there's still some brightness peeking in from the north-west...

i love the summertime!

http://www.svein-nordahl.com/svalbard/webcam/webcam_LYB.php

and still completely bright in svalbard :)

Its been mostly cloudy here all weekend. Now we've a beautiful sky and i'm back in the course. Typical :mad:

bellmullet the warmest place in country at moment, that's not very often said!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

The last few weeks have been great down here in Wexford, Only one or two days where the weather hasn't been decent. The last few days especially have been brilliant.

Hit a high of 21.7c yesterday but we didn't see one cloud all day so was lovely. Not a cloud in the sky again this morning and the temp is climbing.

Sunny south east :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Luckily I seem to be on the border of cloud development at the moment. Only small clouds forming towards my south, so the sun is only blocked for a short few minutes. Further North of my house the clouds are booming into large clouds, so people further North of the South Kildare area, you'll be saying hello and goodbye to the sun every 5 minutes.

Love the heat in the sun. Feels great. Always annoying that cloud loves developing around my area even when 90% of the country hasn't a cloud in sight but as long as I maintain the current sunshine to hidden sun ratio, life is good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Dark clouds about the place here now, even had some big rouge drops of rain earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It is glorious in North Cork, really sunshiney and bright.
    Kids sent off to school with out a coat with a thick layer of sunscreen on .
    :):):) long may it last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

I'm in south-east Meath and I haven't seen a cloud all morning.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Glorious here. Clear bue skies. 19.2c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 angelclar

The most sunniest day in Mayo for a long time . May it continue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement