Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful Summers Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Clear skies here again today in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

Here in Tramore its already 16 degrees and blue as far as the eye can see! yesterday the beach was as packed as a mid summer day and by the afternoon the was plenty of people in the sea. who needs a foreign holiday when you have weather like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

http://www.seatemperature.org/europe/ireland/

Water's still very cold around Ireland.

The only time I've ever went into the sea was in the Canaries in June 2000. Can't stand cold water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Just a glorious day here in Nth County Dublin. Not a cloud to be seen in the sky.

Have just watered all the hanging baskets, flower pots, etc and had to come in to cool down.

Currently 19° with a slight gentle breeze. Ireland is such a lovely place when the sun is shining

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Absolutely stunning today.
    Cooling sea breeze, but not complaining at all.
    Better enjoy our summer folks! This week is it :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Wind is so strong here atm that there is a windchill!

Clear blue skies though

dfbemt wrote: »
    Just a glorious day here in Nth County Dublin. Not a cloud to be seen in the sky.

Have just watered all the hanging baskets, flower pots, etc and had to come in to cool down.

Currently 19° with a slight gentle breeze. Ireland is such a lovely place when the sun is shining

yeah, no better place when the sun is out :)

just a heads up, water your garden first thing in morning or in the evening, never in the full heat of the day.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Any experts on clouds know the reason why clouds since yesterday only form away from East and South Coast and why the development is limiting to a two/three hour period before they decipate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They form away from the east/south coast due to cooler air (on shore breeze), the clouds are formed when moisture in the air is warmed by the heat rising from the ground, its also why the skies clear in the evening.

The wind picked up quite a bit here, so pleasantly fresh outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Can see a good deal of smoke coming from the Hills around the Kilteel area of Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

[quote="
    pad199207;84934616"]Can see a good deal of smoke coming from the Hills around the Kilteel area of Kildare[/quote]

Must be all the bbqs goin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Joe Public wrote: »
    First official moan of the warm season? :)

Says the person basking in unbroken sunshine I guess?? A hex on you, I'm sending the cloud your way!

Not that it matters, got our cloudless day today, but for summer lovers it's the same as the snow nutters on here when they don't get any! So don't see the problem in having a moan when some of us don't get the weather that everyone else is raving about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The west is actually doing a lot better than the east in terms of heat even with the cloud cover so no need to complain, the south and east coast only managed highs of around 16C despite unbroken sunshine while temps are still widely above 20C in the west with the cloud, sea breeze having a big effect. Unbroken sunshine would be nice but a full day above 20C is a godsend after such a long run without any heat

Current temps from IWN

ZrL5Z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Bit nippy in the breeze away from the sun but after last year i aint complaining, long may it last.
    Must dust of the bbq tomorrow eve and pig out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Clare seems to be getting a nice bit of precip starting after 6.00pm and developing since then.

Looked a bit threatening here in North Tipp just after 6.00pm and we had a few drops of rain but the potential seems to have transferred westward. Can see some large dark clouds to my west which would correspond with the Met.ie radar for Clare.

More of the same today:) Its so lovely have a run of good days.

I got a great tan out my back yesterday! Irish sun, cant be bate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,947 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is this current spell guaranteed to be 20 deg C and above around Galway Bay this Saturday and Sunday in peoples opinions? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Thargor wrote: »
    Is this current spell guaranteed to be 20 deg C and above around Galway Bay this Saturday and Sunday in peoples opinions? Thanks.

Current models show that Saturday should be fairly sunny and around 21 degrees. Sunday will see scattered clouds in the afternoon, and it will be between 19-21 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,947 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks, will get ready to set up my little shop table at one of the beaches so, a few easy €€€.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Up to 25c in the West! Fantastic, Offshore wind keeping temps back couple of degrees on East coast although still glorious out! Long may it continue!

jr4qix.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I sat out earlier for a bit(D15 area) and that breeze which is like a strong wind at times really cools things down. It seems cooler today than yesterday with no heat from the sun, certainly time to cover up unless you're in a sheltered spot!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Another great day here. Unbroken sunshine all day albeit a little hazy. Cooler today. 16.9c atm...managed to get to 18.0c earlier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Had 27 degrees today in Kerry, glorious weather! long may it continue.

Stinicker wrote: »

wow, thats very very nice. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fantastic day again, sea breeze pegging temps back but not complaining at all. Sun is unbroken, no clouds except some cirrus high up. Magnificent day !

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Supercell wrote: »
    Fantastic day again, sea breeze pegging temps back but not complaining at all. Sun is unbroken, no clouds except some cirrus high up. Magnificent day !

glorious here in south mayo. Warmest day of the spell. 24.7c. Long may it last. Only complaint is the water butt is empty. But I think the kids have been messing with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Just finished up another BBQ. Cant beat this weather. Long may it continue. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Still 22.5C in mostly unbroken sunshine, beaches and riverside are packed with people, best day of the year so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

twas a great last 3 days in north meath, not a cloud in sight and im Fried alive :mad: (im not mad thats just the colour of me)

no complaints though as i hate the rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Stinicker wrote: »
    What do you mean? Dublin isn't getting the best weather? That's not possible!!
    An unbelievable sunset here now, red cirrus, it doesn't even look real, it looks more like a Turner painting or something,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement