Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful Summers Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

5242_578821248805248_832727070_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I had a peak into F1 and after a breakdown it looks like the HP Sauce in the Azores will reassert itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

mike65 wrote: »
    I had a peak into F1 and after a breakdown it looks like the HP Sauce in the Azores will reassert itself.

but high pressure in Azores just gives us muck. This weather is due to high pressure to our north.

Well its better than low pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

shhhh can we not just enjoy this lovely weather please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

snaps wrote: »
    but high pressure in Azores just gives us muck. This weather is due to high pressure to our north.

While the weather has been beautiful in Dublin (in terms of sunshine and lack of rain) the temps have been average at best, indeed cool at times, due to onshore breezes. An Azores high would at least allow temps to reach more seasonal values around Dublin (though it may not be great for the south and west coasts).

• Registered Users Posts: 31,925 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

compsys wrote: »
    While the weather has been beautiful in Dublin (in terms of sunshine and lack of rain) the temps have been average at best, indeed cool at times, due to onshore breezes. An Azores high would at least allow temps to reach more seasonal values around Dublin (though it may not be great for the south and west coasts).

Ye can do without your Azores high for another while so. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

compsys wrote: »

Yes, especially if there are light SW or SSW winds...in those set ups Dublin usually records the highest temperatures in Ireland even on the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Unbroken sun here again, unbelieveable amount of thunder activity on the continent looking at the lightening maps.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Pretty darn good.........

257375.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

28° C here in Kerry today and this spell of weather is the best I've seen here in a really long time, it is actually hot out. I'm headed off to the tropics next week myself so it is a nice acclimatiser for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Mt Dillon in Roscommon reaching 24C at 3pm from the Met Eireann reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,947 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hows it looking now for Saturday and Sunday around Galway Bay please?

Can I ask whats the most reliable weather service for Galway in peoples experience aswell? I mostly use BBC and RTE/Met Eireann, is there anything better?

Stinicker wrote: »
    28° C here in Kerry today and this spell of weather is the best I've seen here in a really long time, it is actually hot out. I'm headed off to the tropics next week myself so it is a nice acclimatiser for me.

That could be a record for June, try putting the thermometer in the shade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

That could be a record for June, try putting the thermometer in the shade!

33.3*C is the record.

Right, the actual temps for Kerry are 21 today, must be in a car (useless for accuracy) or a concrete hot spot.

The conditions this year aren't right for a record anyway because of the prolonged winter we had. Fúck all snow and frost but the Irish sea was kept cool because of the easterly airflow we had throughout April.

Cool sea = cool weather. At the end of the day, Ireland's weather is dictated by the sea around us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

24 C reported at Shannon...nice
    12 C reported at Malin Head...chilly ;)

18 C here

Right, the actual temps for Kerry are 21 today, must be in a car (useless for accuracy) or a concrete hot spot.

No, I had 27c yesterday and it is quite accurate, the thermometer is located in the middle of the lawn infront of my house and the same thermometer also gave me my lowest temp of -17c in January 2011 when I moved it my other property which is over 500metres above sea level during the mega cold snap too. My two car temps are reading 26C in the garage and 30C outside. It has been very warm here the last few days and I am located inland away from the Kerry coast.

No, I had 27c yesterday and it is quite accurate, the thermometer is located in the middle of the lawn infront of my house and the same thermometer also gave me my lowest temp of -17c in January 2011 when I moved it my other property which is over 500metres above sea level during the mega cold snap too. My two car temps are reading 26C in the garage and 30C outside. It has been very warm here the last few days and I am located inland away from the Kerry coast.

Do you mean December 2010?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Car temperature accuracy are as accurate as Michael Fish's weather forecast in October '87.

Do you mean December 2010?

I probably was there was two distinctive heavy snow events of December 2010 and January 2011 both of which were bitterly cold. I think the cold temp reading was in January though. I may have written it down somewhere, must check!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

an acurate reading would be in the shade at a height of 1meter. My car was reading 31c earlier until I drove it, then it dropped to 24c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I complained yesterday about the onshore breeze, the breeze ain't around today in D15 and temps are certainly very warm, its muggy out in that sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

i dunno cherry - my car was giving me a temperature of 32.5 when i got into it, but by the time I had driven home it was 22.0.

There could conceivably be a difference in 10 degrees between the college and my house (10 kilometers)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

i dunno cherry - my car was giving me a temperature of 32.5 when i got into it, but by the time I had driven home it was 22.0.

There could conceivably be a difference in 10 degrees between the college and my house (10 kilometers)

No, when you first got in the car, it looks like the sensor was in view of the sun either fully or partially. Going by temperatures around the country today, the most you could probably have realistically got would be around the 25c mark and that's being generous!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EpiphoneWelsh

Yes i just love this weather-its like being abroad-flip flops,shorts,t shirt on after work-barbe food with salads & a few tubes from da fridge!Bit of uplifting music on. Its great to enjoy all dis,there has been so much neg vibe after the last few years-come on lets enjoy a sum positivity!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EpiphoneWelsh

Yes great weather today & during this week in Co.Galway.Great to hear some positive speak about the country.Few beers,barbe on,bit of Rage of the machine on da music box on a Friday evening-dats perfect!

Yes great weather today & during this week in Co.Galway.Great to hear some positive speak about the country.Few beers,barbe on,bit of Rage of the machine on da music box on a Friday evening-dats perfect!

yeah, I had a huge Coke Float in the garden a while ago. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

What are the official top temps for today? Looking at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056961656&page=2 they say it was 23C max.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement