Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful Summers Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Shannon airport is still showing 24 degrees at 7pm so I imagine it was warmer there earlier. Definitely warmer in Dublin this evening then earlier this week. I'd say a few places will see 25 degrees tomorrow.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

highdef wrote: »
    No, when you first got in the car, it looks like the sensor was in view of the sun either fully or partially. Going by temperatures around the country today, the most you could probably have realistically got would be around the 25c mark and that's being generous!

my post was quite tongue in cheek. My fault, i should have made it more obvious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Stinicker wrote: »
    I probably was there was two distinctive heavy snow events of December 2010 and January 2011 both of which were bitterly cold. I think the cold temp reading was in January though. I may have written it down somewhere, must check!
    Jan 2011 wasn't cold, winter more or less ended on St Stephens Day that winter. I think you mean January 2010 which had a big freeze in the first half of the month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Jan 2011 wasn't cold, winter more or less ended on St Stephens Day that winter. I think you mean January 2010 which had a big freeze in the first half of the month.

Indeed my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Another perfect day :) Ireland seems to be doing really well out of this spell - I've been keeping an eye on the satellite the past few days and cloud keeps spilling in from the north sea over the UK. Look at the current temperatures: only 14c in London: http://xcweather.co.uk/ (click on 'temp').

Sat picture: http://sat24.com/en/gb

IMO this is the best spell of consistently perfect days in many years - while there have been warm spells recently, rarely have they been as good for the entire country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

21 in the Deise City right now so it should get a degree or two higher if the wind does not pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Christ sake if we werent under the Transatlantic Jet Lanes it would be a cloud free day!

ukvis_sat_201306081100.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

rc28 wrote: »
    Another perfect day :) Ireland seems to be doing really well out of this spell - I've been keeping an eye on the satellite the past few days and cloud keeps spilling in from the north sea over the UK. Look at the current temperatures: only 14c in London: http://xcweather.co.uk/ (click on 'temp').

Sat picture: http://sat24.com/en/gb

IMO this is the best spell of consistently perfect days in many years - while there have been warm spells recently, rarely have they been as good for the entire country.

The last week of May last year was better surely? Several days above 25C in the west and 8 days in a row above 20C where I was. There's been cloud and even some rain around this week so not all perfect!

Anyway, not complaining, 22C here again today with unbroken sunshine so far

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

ongarboy wrote: »
    Shannon airport is still showing 24 degrees at 7pm so I imagine it was warmer there earlier. Definitely warmer in Dublin this evening then earlier this week. I'd say a few places will see 25 degrees tomorrow.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Last 24 hour maxima..

1 Shannon Airport (Ireland) 03962 24.6°C
    2 Claremorris (Ireland) 03970 23.8°C
    3 Mace Head (Ireland) 03963 23.7°C
    4 Finner (Ireland) 03978 23.3°C
    5 Valentia Observatory (Ireland) 03953 22.9°C
    6 Connaught Airport (Ireland) 03973 22.5°C

http://www.weatherinireland.com/p/todays-weather-extremes.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Today is on par with the May days of last year. The spell in May was only the Wednesday afternoon to the Monday morning here in Kildare, so this spell has been nicer and drier for longer, but the breeze was abit too cool several of the last few days at times. May last year was windless.

Today though, is as good as anyday here throughout the March, May and September period of sustained sun last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

At the time of my last post there was barely a cloud in sight.

40 minutes later and small clouds have formed and the sun has been gone for a good 30 minutes.

The lack of wind has pretty much meant that any cloud blocking the sun won't move an inch.

Probably the most weather frustrated I've been in a long time. Rest of the day could be horrible and dull as it is now. Please move little clouds. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

21C here, not bad for a day with a NE sea breeze :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

John.Icy wrote: »
    At the time of my last post there was barely a cloud in sight.

40 minutes later and small clouds have formed and the sun has been gone for a good 30 minutes.

The lack of wind has pretty much meant that any cloud blocking the sun won't move an inch.

Probably the most weather frustrated I've been in a long time. Rest of the day could be horrible and dull as it is now. Please move little clouds. :D

those clouds rolled around athlone for a while and have completely disappeared now. Hopefully yours do the same :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

At 1049 BST. It's gonna be another sizzler. Enjoy it where ever you are....

257568.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yet another glorious day here with unbroken sunshine. 21.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

WTF a new cloud type over Dublin ....:eek:

(Cumulus Penus) via imgur

Nk3Mk4U.png

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

DominoDub wrote: »

Nk3Mk4U.png

Send that to journal.ie or broardsheet.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Another Glorious Summers Day. Unbroken sunshine across the whole country when most of Europe is covered in cloud, this truly is a rarity!

a4wwo1.jpg

I herby proclaim we name this day Sun-Day! ....... Oh Wait

Current European Temperatures:

Dublin 21c
    Shannon 22c

Madrid 17c
    Lisbon 16c
    Rome 22c
    Paris 13c
    Bordeaux 17c
    London 12c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Today has the potential of being the warmest/hottest day of many years in the west (unless I can be proved wrong). its already 26.3c here (my garden), up on this time on any of the days this hot spell.

We're all gonna catch cold on Tuesday! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Nk3Mk4U.png

The Penis and the the contrail...eja ahem... is just too perfectly aligned and too much of a coincidence.

I'm calling shenanigans on that photo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Calibos wrote: »
    The Penis and the the contrail...eja ahem... is just too perfectly aligned and too much of a coincidence.

I'm calling shenanigans on that photo! :D

Another view! Seems to be real

peniscloud22.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

cumtrails

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Cloud arrived in the west, thick and black. Seems to be coming from the south east. That was a lovely week of weather. Hope to see it again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

snaps wrote: »
    Cloud arrived in the west, thick and black. Seems to be coming from the south east. That was a lovely week of weather. Hope to see it again soon.

That cloud isn't associated with the cold front in the Atlantic. Might be thunderstorms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

That cloud isn't associated with the cold front in the Atlantic. Might be thunderstorms.

Yeah, no front associated rain due until tomorrow. Clouds bubbling up though. T storms possible later.

257584.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Clouds looking quite dark and sinister in patches over Castlebar, has the feel of a thunderstorm about them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Nk3Mk4U.png

The cloud looks real but the jet a bit concockted ( had to spell it that way :) )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement