Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People's reactions to you vaping?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Ionised wrote: »
    Four other people in work have quit using ecig since I started. In total we worked out that between us we'd smoked for 90 years.

That's a crapload of fags!

Good work dude

I was out with my ss Vamo in 650 mode with the AGR in XL mode and a bright blue drip tip on a sunny day, was like a big shiny steel rod glistening in the rays, me sucking away and billowing out vapor

I'm giving less and less of a fk what people think of me as I get older *

Wish I was this way years and years ago

*I was hiding it as knackers walked by however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I had someone telling me that I am just kidding myself!

asked in what way, fooling myself that this was costing me €35 per month instead of €200? Or fooling myself that I no longer smell like an ashtray? Or kidding myself that I am inhaling (or huffing!) far less toxic chemicals than I was a month ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ants Murray

As a total newbie vapour I have to say that I've had nothing but a good reaction. Wifey still makes me go outside when the kids are around but even they've stopped nagging me to give up! One of them managed to get a whiff of the American Cheesecake ... Mmm can I taste that! Out in the pub mates wondered what it was, where I got it and what it tasted like ... think they were pleasantly surprised. Haven't opened it up in a public place yet and don't think I will, but it's great in the car, outside for a bit of social smoking and a coffee in the back garden when the kids are in bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

I've yet to get a bad reaction and I have no problem vaping away in public places. Have developed a habit of sitting at my desk with a coffee and a vape at the times that I use to go out for a smoke break.

I particularly like blowing out a big puff of smoke when sitting on a train or in a bar and reminding myself how much better vaping is than smoking! Most of my non-smoking friends have wanted a go (and I'm only using the Smoke Green product - which I will admit is way inferior to what's out there anymore).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

This has happened to me twice in the last 2 days. Im vaping away, minding my own business and someone approaches me looking for a light. I say "sorry I dont" and flash them my pv and they look at me like Im bulls*iting them.
    Also yesterday a wino approached me trying to bum a fag, when I told him I didnt smoke he said "i just saw ya smoking", I didnt even bother trying to explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    This has happened to me twice in the last 2 days. Im vaping away, minding my own business and someone approaches me looking for a light. I say "sorry I dont" and flash them my pv and they look at me like Im bulls*iting them.
    Also yesterday a wino approached me trying to bum a fag, when I told him I didnt smoke he said "i just saw ya smoking", I didnt even bother trying to explain.

Ya should have set the bum up with a small ego and a clearo and a few mls of juice! Good deeds and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

redkid wrote: »
    Ya should have set the bum up with a small ego and a clearo and a few mls of juice! Good deeds and all that

Yeah, he probably would have drank the juice and thrown the ego at a passing car :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I was vaping in Heuston yesterday, the huge security lad ran over and when he saw the e-cig he just laughed and said he used one

Have used it on the train every day too and people just ask about it and are positive

Was out in a small enough town on the weekend and was getting lots of looks / interest / what's that kinda thing. I explained what it was to the bar staff and the owner / manager said (after I explained the health benefits and why I think all smokers should transistion to these) he said ecigs are more than welcome in his bar. He said it might bring back a bit of craic/banter to the place. The bouncer said he couldn't smell anything off it as I exhaled and was slightly impressed. The farmer boy lads in the bar were saying 'hey you whats up with that peace pipe there'

All in all no fks were given by me and I continued to rock on my vamo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement