Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How the hell do l get rid of blackheads ??

• 29-05-2013 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭

I use never wear make up but since starting my new job I just use primer & powder (cant stand wearing foundation) however now I'v noticed my blackheads have gotten bigger & starting to spread (nose to cheeks eww) :( I have a very good skin routine...cleanse tone moisturizer in the morning & just cleanse & tone at night. Always wash off my make up, use clean towels & exfolite once a week.

How can I get rid of the feckers & stop them spreading?? I was advised before to get a facial..what kind of facial?

Tips & hints would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

You construct a Howard Hughes type chamber free of even the most minute trace of bacteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

It just has to happen to me so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

blowtorch

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Jojoba oil

sauna?

• Advertisement

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    Jojoba oil

where can l buy?

alphamule wrote: »
    sauna?

I'v often steamed my face but I find a few days after there back again :confused:

Maybe your pores are quite large, maybe go get a treatment done to shrink them.

like a facial?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

where can l buy?

Any health shop or amazon. Make sure it has been cold pressed and organic is probably best for your face. I use the tisserand one.

Don't worry about using oil on your face, but maybe start in one area before covering your whole face because when the blackheads start to come out, some will come up as pimples. Others will just kinda roll out if you massage the oil into them and steam your face with a facecloth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd get a deep cleaning facial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@alphamule and @Tombo2001 Please keep your posts helpful or don't post

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Salicylic acid. I use Clinique clarifying lotion but there are probably lots of others on the market that are just as good or possibly better. Once I started using it twice a day the blackheads on my nose and chin were drastically reduced in a week and gone in two weeks.

I'm not even that disciplined with it anymore, I might use it every other day and they still haven't come back.

^ might try that out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

It's impossible to shrink a pore but you can do things to improve their appearance. You could try glycolic acid products such as the Alpha-h range which gets great reviews. Try an exfoliating toner instead of a scrub a few times a week. Check your skincare items do they include mineral oil or silicones? These can clog pores. I personally don't use a primer as the silicones in them drive my skin mad. Secondly always moisturize at night making sure your night moisturizer doesn't contain spf.

As far as facials go, a deep cleanse one is the business. Some to try are Yonka, Guinot, Murad, image .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I find the Bioré strips good for removing the bigger ones :o

Also a hot cloth cleanser is a good preventative.. and always tone your face with ice water after washing or cleansing to close the pores as much as possible.

They are a curse.

jadie wrote: »
    It's impossible to shrink a pore but you can do things to improve their appearance. You could try glycolic acid products such as the Alpha-h range which gets great reviews. Try an exfoliating toner instead of a scrub a few times a week. Check your skincare items do they include mineral oil or silicones? These can clog pores. I personally don't use a primer as the silicones in them drive my skin mad. Secondly always moisturize at night making sure your night moisturizer doesn't contain spf.

As far as facials go, a deep cleanse one is the business. Some to try are Yonka, Guinot, Murad, image .

Specific Laser treatments Can shrink pores!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Catfirelily

alphamule wrote: »
    Specific Laser treatments Can shrink pores!

No a pore cannot be "shrunk"

• Advertisement

No a pore cannot be "shrunk"

never say never

ok not gonna watch that from the videos l could see at the side :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cmcm10

hi. you should go to a beautitions. get a dermalogical prescriptive facial. I go to a place called EVE in the grooming rooms on south William street in Dublin. really good place. they will extract those little buggers and give your face a real deep cleanse. amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Vile!!!
    I might be sick that is the sort of thing i have nightmares about god ughhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

I use never wear make up but since starting my new job I just use primer & powder (cant stand wearing foundation) however now I'v noticed my blackheads have gotten bigger & starting to spread (nose to cheeks eww) :( I have a very good skin routine...cleanse tone moisturizer in the morning & just cleanse & tone at night. Always wash off my make up, use clean towels & exfolite once a week.

How can I get rid of the feckers & stop them spreading?? I was advised before to get a facial..what kind of facial?

Tips & hints would be appreciated :)

Here's what i found worked: wash hands well, steep a face towel (no soap etc.) in very hot water, gently rub the affected area a few times - this will soften/open the pores. GENTLY squeeze out b/heads. Face towel again but with cold water. Wipe with antiseptic wipe. Do this weekly. It worked for me. Better again - they will get less as you get older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Egg white masks are very good.

cmcm10 wrote: »
    hi. you should go to a beautitions. get a dermalogical prescriptive facial. I go to a place called EVE in the grooming rooms on south William street in Dublin. really good place. they will extract those little buggers and give your face a real deep cleanse. amazing!

I'm planning to go to a beauticians alrite, never been! just tryna get a few ideas what to get done & the right facial. I think I know the dermalogical facial you're on about...think somewhere local does it! I'm down in Kerry :)

noddyone2 wrote: »
    Here's what i found worked: wash hands well, steep a face towel (no soap etc.) in very hot water, gently rub the affected area a few times - this will soften/open the pores. GENTLY squeeze out b/heads. Face towel again but with cold water. Wipe with antiseptic wipe. Do this weekly. It worked for me. Better again - they will get less as you get older.

Do you any cleanser after squeezing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Do you any cleanser after squeezing them?
    No, just an alcohol-free antiseptic wipe - they're used to clean cuts or grazes. Remember, cleanliness of cloth, hands etc. is vital if you do this, and don't go mad squeezing - patience/gentleness. Smoking doesn't help you skin either.

• Advertisement

might give the wipes a try too...nah don't smoke thank god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I'm planning to go to a beauticians alrite, never been! just tryna get a few ideas what to get done & the right facial. I think I know the dermalogical facial you're on about...think somewhere local does it! I'm down in Kerry :)

No you're certainly not alone with blackheads or even whiteheads. Damn nuisance! My skin gets very bad at times when out cycling in all weather conditions and elements.

I find deep-cleansing daily assists me, but not always effective. It was trial and error with me for years to find what suits my skin-type. I saw your reference to Kerry there and thought I put post to link you to this possible pamper package for yourself that includes the facial (mini to begin with for yourself) of course :)

Hope that helps you in some way,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement