Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre cabs

Options
  • 29-05-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi I justwant to ask a few questions about your new cabs?

1 how can Ifind out what cab is connected to my estate?

2 are allcabs visible i.e. above ground?

3 I amconnected to an enabled exchange but houses in my estate do not show up as efibre enabled what sort of time frame am looking at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ferpur wrote: »
    Hi I justwant to ask a few questions about your new cabs?

1 how can Ifind out what cab is connected to my estate?

2 are allcabs visible i.e. above ground?

3 I amconnected to an enabled exchange but houses in my estate do not show up as efibre enabled what sort of time frame am looking at?
    Hi ferpur

Can you PM me with your telephone number or full address so I can try answer questions 2 & 3 in detail.

As far as I am aware all efibre cabinets are above ground.

Thanks, Mark

Hi ferpur

Can you PM me with your telephone number or full address so I can try answer questions 2 & 3 in detail.

As far as I am aware all efibre cabinets are above ground.

Thanks, Mark

Hi ferpur

I got your PM thanks.

I can confirm your estate / cabinet has not been connected as yet to efibre. The estate is under the main Drogheda exchange which has been enabled as part of the first two phases of efibre.

I was not able to get an indication as to when the estate / cabinet may be connected to the efibre network.  However new cabinets will be activated as the efibre roll-out progress'

Sorry I don't have more definitive info at this stage.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ferpur

Hi ferpur

I got your PM thanks.

I can confirm your estate / cabinet has not been connected as yet to efibre. The estate is under the main Drogheda exchange which has been enabled as part of the first two phases of efibre.

I was not able to get an indication as to when the estate / cabinet may be connected to the efibre network.  However new cabinets will be activated as the efibre roll-out progress'

Thanks, Mark

hi I have heard a rumour  that we aregoing to be moved to the colp cross exchange do you know anything about this?

hi I have heard a rumour  that we aregoing to be moved to the colp cross exchange do you know anything about this?
    Hi ferpur

I have not been advised of that scenario even being a possibility for any particular estate / area to go under a different exchange to avail of efibre.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭nc63

Hi ferpur

I got your PM thanks.

Thanks, Mark

According to the pre-launch publicity, the town of Drogheda was to be fibre enabled in one phase, not over two phases. Are you now saying that some of us will be forced to wait even longer before we can avail of a broadband technology most of the civilised world has had for up to a decade?

• Advertisement

Dear eircom we are not asking to be connected straightaway (but that would be nice) but we are asking for more accurate information as in

What cabs are live?

Where they are?

When will cabs be enabled in live areas?
    Is this to much to ask

Dear eircom we are not asking to be connected straightaway (but that would be nice) but we are asking for more accurate information as in

What cabs are live?

Where they are?

Is this to much to ask
    Maybe this answers your question?  ;)

Time travel, Eircom style

What cabs are live?

Where they are?

Is this to much to ask

Hi
    ferpur

I got your private message and checked with the eifbre networks team and I am afraid there is no indication as to when the cabinet facilitating your estate may be enabled for efibre.

The line checker on the efibre site is the facility in place for customer to check the exact line / address.

As well as number to call if customers to check in more detail.

Which is the process we have decided on in favor of a cabinet list.

I can not guarantee if eircom will list the cabinets on the availability map I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Listing of cabinets would save an awful lot of hassle and confusion Mark. I know that decision is not yours to make. But that line checker is seriously knackered at the moment. Drogheda, a phase 1 enabled exchange, will not be fibre enabled until 2015 according to the checker.

Listing of cabinets would save an awful lot of hassle and confusion Mark. I know that decision is not yours to make. But that line checker is seriously knackered at the moment. Drogheda, a phase 1 enabled exchange, will not be fibre enabled until 2015 according to the checker.
    Hi SolvableKnave

I appreciate your point. We have sent on the issues to the online team to update the checker.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

What cabs are live?

Where they are?

Is this to much to ask
    It is too much to ask. The company is upgrading the network. They are under no obligation to keep you abreast of there progress. I'm sure when your area is ready, they'll offer it to you.

axle108 wrote: »
    It is too much to ask. The company is upgrading the network. They are under no obligation to keep you abreast of there progress. I'm sure when your area is ready, they'll offer it to you.
    It is not too much to ask. The company leafleted houses and had politicians trumpeting that e-fibre would be available on May 20th. It wasn't. Asking when it will be available is certainly not too much to ask. If Eircom were not already half a decade or more late to the party when it comes to FTTC, then you might have a point.

hi I now know that all the cabs in my area are live as of yesterday but I do not seem to be able to get fttc what is the story
    p.s. I am 400m from one cab and 500m from another

Just off the phone with Fibre sales. The Stameen cab still not commissioned. The girl i was talking to said they where given a time frame of 4 weeks or so (I think for all cabs linked to Drogheda exchange to be commissioned). Seems to think Stameen will be a week or two. Not ideal, but Stameen and Five Oaks are the last two estates on the exchange before you hit Meath.

Just off the phone with Fibre sales. The Stameen cab still not commissioned. The girl i was talking to said they where given a time frame of 4 weeks or so (I think for all cabs linked to Drogheda exchange to be commissioned). Seems to think Stameen will be a week or two. Not ideal, but Stameen and Five Oaks are the last two estates on the exchange before you hit Meath.
    You'd imagine they would start with the furthest out, if only because these estates have been enduring the broadband equivalent of two tin cans and piece of string for years now.

Tell me about it. I went from 6.7 down to 1.5 when we moved a little over a year ago. I'd say they thought moving out from the exchange was the best option. That way, they could isolate and repair any hiccups on the way

I was talking to the engineers they commissioned stameen yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

Any idea  when the cabinets in grange / frankfield area of the douglas, cork exchange will be enabled.

Douglas is a phase 1 rollout area and "eFibre is available" on the map.

When I put in my number in the checker on the eircom website "Your home is not in a fibre-enabled area yet..."

When I put in my exact address in to the same checker its has "
    Congratulations!
    Your home can get our best value eFibre broadband bundles"

when I call 1800 503303 "You cant get eFibre"

Can someone clarify why ?

Hmmm, so the engineers say Stameen is commissioned? The cab still doesn't LOOK like it has been. No cab identifier on the door. The phone/address checker still not showing as enabled. I'll be ringing them again this afternoon to check again. Have you tried yourself Ferpur?

Hmmm, so the engineers say Stameen is commissioned? The cab still doesn't LOOK like it has been. No cab identifier on the door. The phone/address checker still not showing as enabled. I'll be ringing them again this afternoon to check again. Have you tried yourself Ferpur?
    I have tried again this morning for an address in Stameen and I'm still getting the "we don't know if your address can get efibre" response.

• Advertisement

This will be a long post.

After some research I have listed below pretty much EVERY estate connected to the Drogheda exchange. Hopefully this list will prompt some action from Eircom.

Fibre Enabled Estates:
    The Highlands
    River Court
    Rathmullan
    St Finians
    Ballsgrove
    Lagavooren
    Marian
    Cherrybrook
    Highfield
    Bryanstown
    Old Mill
    St Marys
    Wheaton Hall
    Roschoill
    Yellow Batter
    Newfield
    Greenhills
    Cord Road (Pretty much every road in Drogheda Town will be connected to Fibre)
    Moneymore
    Aston Village
    Greenbatter
    Termon Abbey
    Newfoundwell Road
    Newtownstalaban
    The Twenties
    Liscorrie
    Ashfield
    Upper Mell
    Water Under
    Rose Hall
    Beaulieu
    Townrath
    Lavin Park
    Killineer
    Monasterboice

Waiting For Fibre:
    Stameen
    Five Oaks
    Clarkestown
    Belichburn
    The Feckins

Now, there are Fibre enabled estates listed there that are further out from Drogheda Town Centre than Stameen and Five Oaks. Roschoill is right next door to Stameen. So why would they get that far then stop? The only 2 estates after Roschoill are Stameen and Five Oaks.

Can an Eircom rep explain the list and give a DEFINITIVE date for when the last 5 estates will be Fibre enabled?

address checker is misleading at best if you ring your isp you might get lucky and get someone who knows what they are talking about
    1 in 5 chance I reckon

Can an Eircom rep explain the list and give a DEFINITIVE date for when the last 5 estates will be Fibre enabled?
    Going on past performance, I suspect the answer to those two questions will be no and no.

I know. But, hopefully with using their own recommended tool for checking all estates in drogheda, it might spark something, if any of the reps are paying attention to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

This will be a long post.

After some research I have listed below pretty much EVERY estate connected to the Drogheda exchange. Hopefully this list will prompt some action from Eircom.

Fibre Enabled Estates:
    The Highlands
    River Court
    Rathmullan
    St Finians
    Ballsgrove
    Lagavooren
    Marian
    Cherrybrook
    Highfield
    Bryanstown
    Old Mill
    St Marys
    Wheaton Hall
    Roschoill
    Yellow Batter
    Newfield
    Greenhills
    Cord Road (Pretty much every road in Drogheda Town will be connected to Fibre)
    Moneymore
    Aston Village
    Greenbatter
    Termon Abbey
    Newfoundwell Road
    Newtownstalaban
    The Twenties
    Liscorrie
    Ashfield
    Upper Mell
    Water Under
    Rose Hall
    Beaulieu
    Townrath
    Lavin Park
    Killineer
    Monasterboice

Waiting For Fibre:
    Stameen
    Five Oaks
    Clarkestown
    Belichburn
    The Feckins

Now, there are Fibre enabled estates listed there that are further out from Drogheda Town Centre than Stameen and Five Oaks. Roschoill is right next door to Stameen. So why would they get that far then stop? The only 2 estates after Roschoill are Stameen and Five Oaks.

SolvableKnave

We do not have a definitive date (or indication) as to when the last 5 estates you have listed will be Fibre enabled.

We are able to offer an indication of when efibre will reach an area and check if a phone line/address qualifies for efibre. Not every address, cabinet or estate will be connected to the existing efibre network.

This forum is here to provide advice, support and customer care however we are not here to discuss the reasons behind eircoms operational and network developmental decisions.

Regards

Al

So, can you offer an indication as to when eFibre will reach the remaining 5 areas?

Not every address, cabinet or estate will be connected to the existing efibre network.
    That is clear by now. However, when a new vDSL cabinet has been installed within 300 metres of my home, I can reasonably expect that I will be able to avail of a vDSL service. What we are trying to ascertain is when the remaining cabinets in Drogheda will be activated and why there is a delay.

Eircom is doing its brand no favours by announcing the arrival of ten-year-old technology on May 20th as if it something new, complete with attendant fanfares and plugs from politicians, only to fail to deliver the service when the advertised date arrived and to have no clue as to when it can actually deliver.

So, can you offer an indication as to when eFibre will reach the remaining 5 areas?
    [url defaultattr=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u="170561"][/url]

SolvableKnave

As stated in my previous post:

"We do not have a definitive date (or indication) as to when thelast 5 estates you have listed will be Fibre enabled"

Replacing the word "estates" with "area" is not going to provide a different answer.

When I was referring to "area" I had hoped you would understand this to be referenced as Drogheda as the last five estates you listed are in Drogheda.

Thanks

Al

Well Alan, the thing is, Eircom have been replacing words quite often recently when it comes to the Fibre rollout.

Eircom knows quite well when the remaining cabinets will be connected. It is pointless to install the cabinets and then do nothing with them. As nc63 pointed out, we are just looking for when we, the few remaining estates with no Fibre (even though every estate around us is connected), will be able to upgrade. I'm sure, as long time customers, it is not unreasonable to expect a date for when we can upgrade.

• Advertisement

Well Alan, the thing is, Eircom have been replacing words quite often recently when it comes to the Fibre rollout.

Eircom knows quite well when the remaining cabinets will be connected. It is pointless to install the cabinets and then do nothing with them. As nc63 pointed out, we are just looking for when we, the few remaining estates with no Fibre (even though every estate around us is connected), will be able to upgrade. I'm sure, as long time customers, it is not unreasonable to expect a date for when we can upgrade.
    SolvableKnave

I totally understand that you would like to know when you will be able to get fibre broadband however I have advised you on numerous occasions that we do not know as there is no indication as to when efibre will be available to you.

I can understand this is not what you want to hear but there is literally nothing I can do to provide you with different news on this.

Al

Advertisement