Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Joint Current Account - A few Questions

Options
  • 29-05-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

A few General questions on Joint Accounts, as this is a totally grey area for me.

1. Can you get two visa debit cards, one each.

2. Would each card have it's own individual name on it.

3. If one qualified for Fee Free Banking and the other didn't, would the account remain fee free or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 .stranger

danjo-xx wrote: »
    A few General questions on Joint Accounts, as this is a totally grey area for me.

1. Can you get two visa debit cards, one each.

2. Would each card have it's own individual name on it.

3. If one qualified for Fee Free Banking and the other didn't, would the account remain fee free or not.

I have a joint account with them...
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Free Banking applies to the account, not to the account holder(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

.stranger wrote: »
    I have a joint account with them...
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Free Banking applies to the account, not to the account holder(s).

thanks stranger:) good to know, UB fee free banking ends on the 30th June. After that they charge €4 per month but over 60's can continue to have fee free, which is my case.

I guess if the first named on the account qualifies for Fee Free banking then the 2nd named would follow regardless or would they, as there will now be two debit cards on the account.

Advertisement