Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracker mortgage query

• 29-05-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

Tried AIB, but they had no one available who knew the answer.....hence the question here.

If I have a tracker.....and I sell the house......am I legally obliged to repay the loan immediately.

e.g. if outstanding loan balance is 100k, and house value is 80k......

If I sell the house, can I bank the cash and continue to repay the tracker over the remaining period.....?

Also......if I cant do that....

If I sell the house, and pay off the 80k that I get for it.......does the remaining 20k remain in a tracker structure or revert to SVR?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Tried AIB, but they had no one available who knew the answer.....hence the question here.

If I have a tracker.....and I sell the house......am I legally obliged to repay the loan immediately.

e.g. if outstanding loan balance is 100k, and house value is 80k......

If I sell the house, can I bank the cash and continue to repay the tracker over the remaining period.....?

Also......if I cant do that....

If I sell the house, and pay off the 80k that I get for it.......does the remaining 20k remain in a tracker structure or revert to SVR?

Many thanks in advance.

Question 1:
    You can't bank the cash and keep paying the tracker. Reason: bank won't have any deeds or other security anymore.

Question 2:
    The 20k will almost certainly become a personal loan, not a SVR mortgage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

3DataModem wrote: »
    Question 1:
    You can't bank the cash and keep paying the tracker. Reason: bank won't have any deeds or other security anymore.

Question 2:

+1

Agree on this. Bank will not release the deeds of the house until they money from sale of house. Solicitors involved will sort this out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

3DataModem wrote: »
    Question 2:
    ...and that's if the bank will allow the sale to proceed in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Should get your Solicitor to check with the mortgage dept to see what the exact procedure is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

This is banking 101 - I doubt that people in AIB couldn't answer this. I'd suspect the porter could.

• Advertisement
Advertisement