Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper fridge

Options

Comments

I believe there should be a switch yes, although I'd speculate it'd be pre-wired and the the 12volt supply is elsewhere possibly a connector block type. I'd look for the installation manual.pdf online and if there isn't one to be found often emailing the manufacturer works quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

the only likely candidate for the 12 volt supply is a small fuse box with 3 or 4 fuses, but it's such a stupidly long way from the fridge that I discounted it...it's on the other side of the vehicle in the Luton head....I shall have to trace the wires as a first move. If this is it, I can't find any switch , other than that on the panel I show in my other post, which has a diode which dosn't light, mind you I haven't tried it with the engine on.

Oh , yes and on the dash is a battery condition meter with 3 position switch, I don't yet know what this switch does except that in the middle position the needle goes to zero but remains on c 12v in the outer 2 positions
    I'm going to have to pull everything apart to learn.(PS I was unable to find manufacturer in google (Devon Dawn is the model)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

One way is leisure battery, the other is engine.

you mean, by engine, the starting battery? I don't understand what you'd use the switch for...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

corktina wrote: »
    you mean, by engine, the starting battery? I don't understand what you'd use the switch for...

No. Usually those switches are for checking the battery voltage, click to one side for leisure battery, to the other for the engine battery.

• Advertisement

that's what I took you to mean thanks.

Advertisement