Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Returned - Channel 4

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Watched the last two week's episodes together there. Wow...

It took a few episodes to get going but it seems to be coming together now.

Milan seems to be the original Pierre, had a bit of a cult going.

Did we know Lucy was already dead last series? It's a while since I watched it and some of it's a bit fuzzy but I thought Serge had killed her in the tunnel but she'd been dead for 35 years already at that point.

eh SPOILER alert

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Rasmus wrote: »
    eh SPOILER alert

Eh, why would you come in a thread about a show if you're behind on the episodes? I haven't been in here for nearly 2 weeks because I hadn't watched the episodes.

I went back to edit it and ass spoiler tags but I'm not even sure what parts of that are spoilers.....?

Eh, why would you come in a thread about a show if you're behind on the episodes? I haven't been in here for nearly 2 weeks because I hadn't watched the episodes.

I'm not even sure what parts of that are spoilers.....?

I'm subscribed to it so just clicked email link on my phone. But yeah, I didn't think to avoid the thread. Sounds interesting though I'll have to get back into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just caught up so safe to come in here!
    This show is just great, the atmosphere and acting is fantastic, very French, with lots of pregnant pauses and long stares.

I love how they make you work a bit, no 'previously on The Returned' so for the first few episodes I was wondering who was who again, and how they ended up where they were, but as the episodes progress you see it all coming together and questions being answered.
    I love the way they're going back to 35 years ago to introduce new characters and start putting pieces together.
    That kid who plays Victor was pretty creepy in Season 1 but there' something even more sinister about him now he's grown up a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

glasso wrote: »
    really bad ratings on canal + apparently. the episodes were released two at a go over 4 weeks in France.

Likewise on More4, the error made is simply the length of time before the second series arrived. You really cannot leave it over two years and expect everyone to rejoin esp given the complex, downbeat and mysterious nature of the story.

I'm trying to keep up but am really watching the Returned as a mood piece, the atmosphere of loss and sadness (esp when the dead and the living are re-united) is superbly evoked. The score by Mogwai is fantastically ethereal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm behind because I've been away. How many episodes have aired at this stage? Just watching 2.04.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ep 6 out of 8 aired on Friday just gone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

2.07 seemed to have more urgency about it.

Strong finale. You know something's up when Victor's heart is beating faster.

You can really see the shift in the show's colour palette when they have the likes of the beach scene.

Jérôme is surely up for one of TV's greatest ever beards.

Recap of Finale from The Guardian; some theories for those unanswered questions...

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/dec/06/the-returned-recap-episode-eight-the-returned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

A strange ending but explains a few things I was wondering what way they would end the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Caprica

I really enjoyed this season, it was a real slow burner but it built to a great end. Was happy to see a happy end for Victor and Julie (and Ophelia) whether it was in the real world or heaven I'm not to sure. It was sad to see the Segurets go their separate ways and nice to see Adele and Simon happy even if she did leave her daughter and new born son behind. Was Audrey Sabatini left behind in the centre on her own? Good to see that Serge felt some guilt and stayed behind to pay for his crimes.

Since there was such a long break between S1 & S2 I found it difficult starting off to remember exactly what had happened I didn't realise More4 repeated season 1. I think it's a show I would watch again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just watched the last 4 episodes back to back there. I'm not entirely sure what happened, to be honest. It seemed like they could have had 2, maybe 3, less episodes this series. It felt like a lot of the time nothing was happening and the tiny bits of information we got here and there could have been put into other episodes.

Victor was already dead when he rocked up on that family or he was just a really weird kid that nobody was missing?

It was just totally random who came back and who didn't?

He just wished them all away again? Why didn't Lucy disappear too? And how did she know about Victor 35 years ago? Or was it baby Nathan she was talking about when she told Roman she was waiting for a little boy?

So many questions?

Was it all about religion?

I couldn't connect with the Segurets at the end at all. Camille was such a little $hit all the time it just didn't have any emotional heft for me.

Anyway.... confusing ending aside it was still a great piece of TV.

Advertisement