Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick to Bloom Thursday.

• 29-05-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of going to Bloom in Dublin tomorrow. Anyone travel from Limerick. What is best mode to travel. Not sure if bus routes go near bloom ? May drive if that is the case. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

there is a bus leaving from Parkgate street near Heuston Station which is free if you have a train ticket. Theres a code on bargain alerts for 10% off Irish Rail at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

shawnee wrote: »
    Was thinking of going to Bloom in Dublin tomorrow. Anyone travel from Limerick. What is best mode to travel. Not sure if bus routes go near bloom ? May drive if that is the case. :confused:

Sit back,relax,and enjoy the journey up to Dublin and then on to Bloom.:)

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_offers.jsp?i=4606

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Thanks for your help all, Train is around 45 euro return , might be handy to have the car to bring a few bits if I make a few purchases. Am thinking I might just drive and leave around 8 , get home early.

Thanks for your help all, Train is around 45 euro return , might be handy to have the car to bring a few bits if I make a few purchases. Am thinking I might just drive and leave around 8 , get home early.

How much will it cost you in fuel/toll fees though?

Parking at Bloom will be 5 euro for the day.

If it were me,then Id get the train and Id bring a large fold up carry bag or 2 with me.

Food for thought , thanks for your help. Anyone use the bus to Dublin, someone told me trains are really packed with seniors these days :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

paddy147 wrote: »

Parking at Bloom will be 5 euro for the day.

:confused: wha...was there 2 yrs back don't recall paying for parking

fryup wrote: »
    :confused: wha...was there 2 yrs back don't recall paying for parking

The designated green blue and red area carparks right beside Bloom.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I don't recall parking charges either...:eek:

KoolKid wrote: »
    I don't recall parking charges either...:eek:

http://bloominthepark.com/yourtrip/

Parking was 5 euro last year,and it is this year......Red/Green/Blue carparks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Try www.dublincoach.ie
    €10 Arthurs Quay to Westmoreland St. in 2h35.
    Simples! :)

• Advertisement

Went by train eventually . Got reduced fare and free shuttle bus. Well worth the journey but wrecked from walking. Nice to see all the flowers in bloom , must be all in the greenhouse , cos mine aint blooming. But got some got ideas and motivation from the visit.:D:P

Went by train eventually . Got reduced fare and free shuttle bus. Well worth the journey but wrecked from walking. Nice to see all the flowers in bloom , must be all in the greenhouse , cos mine aint blooming. But got some got ideas and motivation from the visit.:D:P

nice sun tan too????:D

Advertisement