Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CityPost ignoring me

Options
  • 29-05-2013 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

I organised for a parcel to be sent using CityPost. Booked it online at 3.30pm for collection the next day.

Nobody ever turned up to collect it.
    Finally managed to get driver's mobile number (long story how I got it), phoned him and he said he was too busy to collect but that he could collect the next day if I arranged to meet him somewhere else....so did that and parcel was on its way, due to be delivered the next day (was meant to be next day delivery).

It was not delivered the next day! So again, multiple phonecalls later and a lot of hassle, it was delivered the following day. At this point it was 2 days late and causing me severe hassle.

So I emailed and phoned CityPost. Eventually they agreed to refund me the cost of sending the parcel.

They sent me an email at the start of May saying they would refund me. I never got the refund.

They have since completely ignored me. When I phone them them they say someone will call me back. Nobody has ever phoned me back. I emailed them multiple times, no reply. I even e-mailed through their online form. I also found out the name of the manager and wrote a letter to her-no response.

The money I am looking for back is very small and they told me in early May that I would be refunded "that day".

I am at a loss as to what to do now. I cannot believe they are blatantly ignoring me!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you pay by credit card? You could look at starting a charge back on your credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

dudara wrote: »
    Did you pay by credit card? You could look at starting a charge back on your credit card.

I did pay by credit card. Yeah I might do that. Cannot believe a company makes a promise and then basically renaiges on it! Madness!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I know they use GLS for parcels. I've used them several times and haven't had an issue. Contact your credit card company and get a chargeback.

Advertisement