Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using phone in Australia

Options
  • 29-05-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi

I'm heading to Australia on Saturday for a month, I have a iPhone 4S bill pay, just wondering how I can use this over there or do I need to get a sim when I arrive.

Will I still be able to use wats app etc to contact homers I hv new sim..

Just looking cheapest option, thanks

Sorry I'm with vodafone.

Smurph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Is the phone unlocked so it can take a sim from an Australian network? If you about the phone on contract with Vodafone then the phone is probably locked to take only Vodafone Ireland SIM cards. You could contact Vodafone and see if they will unlock it for you seeing as you're going away for a month. You could buy a new number over there and use that then.
    If they don't unlock it then as a bill pay customer you wil be automatically set up to roam, look up the charges on their website http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/roaming/
    You can use any apps over Wifi. Just make sure your data roaming is switched off on your phone settings or you could run up large data charges.
    The alternative is to buy a cheap phone and sim when you get there and use those instead.
    Enjoy your holiday

Advertisement