Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exact process to leave eircom for sky with no cancellation charge and no service loss

Options
  • 29-05-2013 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

As the title suggests I am out of contract on my landline account with eircom and I want to move to sky. I would appreciate it if you could reply to this thread and let me know step by step how I leave eircom without a cancellation charge and without any loss of service.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Drift wrote: »
    Hi there,

As the title suggests I am out of contract on my landline account with eircom and I want to move to sky. I would appreciate it if you could reply to this thread and let me know step by step how I leave eircom without a cancellation charge and without any loss of service.

Thanks very much.
    Hi
    Drift

If you are looking to move providers once your eircom contract has finished. You need to give eircom a 30 day written notification of your intent to move - http://bit.ly/H8bvZQ

Once you have contacted cancellations and they have confirmed the contract end date they will give an e-mail or written address to send the written notification.

As long as you clarify on the e-mail or letter you only wish to give the notifification to the intent to move.

Once you have contacted the provider you wish to move to and are sure that the date of the transfer will be after the contract / 30 day notification date.

There will be no additional charges on the eircom final bill. Only charges for services to the date of the transfer.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Thanks very much for the quick response Mark.

Can you confirm when the 30 day period starts?

Can it start from the date of the phone call or does it start from the date you receive the written confirmation?

Thanks very much for the quick response Mark.

Can you confirm when the 30 day period starts?

Can it start from the date of the phone call or does it start from the date you receive the written confirmation?

Can you PM me with your eircom account number and name on the account and I can confirm that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Can you PM me with your eircom account number and name on the account and I can confirm that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I can PM you with my account number and name (edit: just have) but could you explain why the starting day for commencement of the 30 days is account dependant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It is my understanding that because line rental and broadband service are billed in advance you can give your 30 days notice 30 days before your contract end date and all you will have to pay on your final bill will be for any calls during that 30 days notice. you can't be forced to stay with Eircom for an extra month for notification purposes and Eircom should not be charging any customer for line rental or broadband after they give their 30 days notice.

Basically if I gave notice today as my billing date is on the 16th my next bill on the 16th June should have line rental and broadband charges up to today only! This pays for the service for the next month, then any calls I might make outside the inclusive minutes would be included in a "final bill" which will not have any line rental or broadband but just calls and any other charges that are billed in arrears.

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

I can PM you with my account number and name (edit: just have) but could you explain why the starting day for commencement of the 30 days is account dependant?

Hi Drift

I got your PM thanks and checked the account, and confirmed that you are no longer under contract. So when you call cancellations and send in the written / e-mail request cancellations will confirm the date of the end of notification period.

Then as long as the transfer request is done after the date no charges will apply.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark,

So just to confirm - when I send in the letter someone from Eircom will contact me and tell me the date that is the end of the notification period?

Will they reply by post?

Thanks Mark,

So just to confirm - when I send in the letter someone from Eircom will contact me and tell me the date that is the end of the notification period?

Will they reply by post?

Hi Swift,

If you are advised by cancellations to send a letter or e-mail let me know when it is sent and I can confirm the 30 day notification end date for you.

Thanks, Mark

Just to keep the thread updated. I rang eircom today to give my notification and they gave me an address to post a letter to.

The man on the phone told me it would be 30 days from the date they received the letter. I will update the thread again when I post the letter.

Just to keep the thread updated. I rang eircom today to give my notification and they gave me an address to post a letter to.

The man on the phone told me it would be 30 days from the date they received the letter. I will update the thread again when I post the letter.
    Cancelling a service should not be so difficult!

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

I have just posted the letter now. I would appreciate it if you could check that it has been dealt with correctly when it arrives on Tuesday.

Thanks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Drift,

I will make sure it is been looked after correctly for you, that's no problem.

Thansk

Mark

[quote=eircom: Tracey;84867650]Hi Drift,

I will make sure it is been looked after correctly for you, that's no problem.

Thansk

Mark[/quote]

Anything you want to share with us Mark/Tracey:D

Haha ... well spotted foggy_lad.

Just to be clear I don't mind whether Mark or Tracey checks it up for me! :D

Sorry Mark is not in today so I am looking after his posts :)

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey and Mark,

You received my letter today (Tuesday 4th June). I'd appreciate if you could check that it has been dealt with correctly.

Thanks.

Hi,

I will check with the cancellation section and make sure everything is in hand.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Any update on this?

Hi Tracey,

Any update on this?

Hi Drift

The letter has not been updated on the file as yet, However I will check tomorrow and see if the request has been added / processed.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Why do you need to give 30 day notice. If your contract is up surely you can move to sky the next day or am I missing something.

• Advertisement

wush06 wrote: »
    Why do you need to give 30 day notice. If your contract is up surely you can move to sky the next day or am I missing something.

Hi wush06

A 30 day advance written notification prior to ceasing a service or moving providers - http://bit.ly/H8bvZQ Is common practice with a number of Utility companies.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for checking. Please keep me updated when you find out.

Thanks again

Hi Mark,

Thanks for checking. Please keep me updated when you find out.

Thanks again

Hi Drift

Can you confirm if you sent the letter via registered post? or standard post, it may be a case the cancellation file has not been updated as yet.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Drift

Can you confirm if you sent the letter via registered post? or standard post, it may be a case the cancellation file has not been updated as yet.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I sent the letter via registered post. (It cost 5.25).

Thanks for keeping an eye on this for me.

Drift

Hi Mark,

I sent the letter via registered post. (It cost 5.25).

Thanks for keeping an eye on this for me.

Drift
    No problem,

I will follow up with you tomorrow.

Mark

Haha ... well spotted foggy_lad.

Just to be clear I don't mind whether Mark or Tracey checks it up for me!
    Hi
    Drift

Can you PM me with the address you were given and sent to please.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I have just pmed you the address now. I was given this address by the man at your cancellation desk the day I rang.

Drift

Hi Mark,

I have just pmed you the address now. I was given this address by the man at your cancellation desk the day I rang.

Drift
    Sounds like your registered letter may have gone for a walk. Why do Eircom make cancelling so difficult for loyal customers? It only makes customers regret ever signing with them and reduces the chance of those customers ever returning to eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

What a load of nonsense. Just cancel the mans contract. He gave notice here on may 29th. Every time I read these posts it just reinforces my determination never to go back to Eircom.. When you sign up with Eircom you change from being a customer to becoming a victim, even when you try to leave!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

"[font=Arial, sans-serif]eircom now require a[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] 30 day notification[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] to cancel the broadband service and phone service. We require customers to contact our service team on[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] 1800 242 633[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] or [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]1901[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]. Who will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days after receipt."[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Why not just email them? Save on cost of registered post, or send hard copy of email in the post...belt and braces.
    [/font]

Advertisement