Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought Phone On Adverts.ie And Now It's Barred :-(

Options
  • 29-05-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Got duped on Adverts.ie by someone who sold me a phone that is now barred on all networks here. I went into Meteor and they said this f**ker has 5 blacklisted phones on his account, yes 5!! So, what are my options? I will go down the eBay route only if I really have no other option but to be honest I'm not keen on that option. Can I sell it up North or in the UK and will it work OK? Otherwise I'm off to Greece Saturday and then to Israel early next week so should I just wait and try and sell it there?

Cheers,
    M

PS: The guy has been reported on Adverts.ie and as far as I know his account has been removed!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Common scam. AFAIK Three share blocks across europe but other than that it would work in the UK or elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

What kind of phone is it? Also, try compile the information you have on the seller and report him to the gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanks guys.....it's a Sony phone. If I report him to the Gardai then they will take the phone and there is no way in hell I'm loosing the chance to get my money back abroad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Adverts.ie: Richard

madmoe wrote: »
    Thanks guys.....it's a Sony phone. If I report him to the Gardai then they will take the phone and there is no way in hell I'm loosing the chance to get my money back abroad!!

Hi Madmoe

If you send me an email to support@adverts.ie with your username, I will give you advice on what you can do. Thanks.
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

madmoe wrote: »

Whats the model? I might be interested in purchasing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭JCB1

Bad luck OP.
    I've been looking at some phone on Adverts but now I'm concerned.
    Are there any checks that could be done to check if a phone is in danger of being barred ? If yes - Where/how ?

JCB1 wrote: »
    Bad luck OP.
    I've been looking at some phone on Adverts but now I'm concerned.
    Are there any checks that could be done to check if a phone is in danger of being barred ? If yes - Where/how ?

As far as I know there are no advanced checks mate.....I would instead insist on a receipt and go with 'gut' feeling! If they feel anyway too pushy or dodgy I would run a mile!!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

you can check the imei number with the network sometimes they might not give the info out.

How did he have 5 number on his account, Gives others a bad name when trying to sell there phone

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Scummers claim insurance and then sell the old phone.

Buyers need to test them before handing over cash!

Darren 83 wrote: »
    you can check the imei number with the network sometimes they might not give the info out.

How did he have 5 number on his account, Gives others a bad name when trying to sell there phone

Unreal how he was allowed by Meteor to even get that many! And I'd say it is happening every day of the week man :-(

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Scummers claim insurance and then sell the old phone.

Buyers need to test them before handing over cash!

True man but it can work and then BE BARRED the next day :-( The one I have worked with a Vodafone SIM for a good while then all of a sudden would not make any calls at all yet could still send and receive text messages!??

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Sites online will check the phone for you for a couple of euros...

Advertisement