Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUPER 8 "Put the NES back in SNES"

Options
  • 29-05-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Right. Went down another route (in getting famicom games playing) so trading this away. Its kinda cool/interesting. Not looking for too much. Mostly interested in NES and Saturn(mainly) stuff.

fyi..allows you to play Famicom games on your SNES. Not perfectly, but it does a decent (?) job.

I used it twice and it works and it's like new.

255961.JPG

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

brianon wrote: »
    Right. Went down another route (in getting famicom games playing) so trading this away. Its kinda cool/interesting. Not looking for too much. Mostly interested in NES and Saturn(mainly) stuff.

fyi..allows you to play Famicom games on your SNES. Not perfectly, but it does a decent (?) job.

I used it twice and it works and it's like new.

255961.JPG

Dropped you a pm (in connection to this and the excite bike trade!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Dropped you a pm (in connection to this and the excite bike trade!)

Is that designed for the euro or us Snes?
    Only asking because the Snes pass through looks like a square us shape.
    It's no problem, it'll still permit the use of local games but, coupled with a modchip, it would mean you can play everything without slicing into the Snes casing.... Like I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is that designed for the euro or us Snes?
    Only asking because the Snes pass through looks like a square us shape.
    It's no problem, it'll still permit the use of local games but, coupled with a modchip, it would mean you can play everything without slicing into the Snes casing.... Like I did!

Euro. Rounded euro shape.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fair enough, would have been a sweet bonus though!
    Have you ever tried a US cart in there?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fair enough, would have been a sweet bonus though!
    Have you ever tried a US cart in there?

Apologies. The uderside is euro style. The top side is US style. I misunderstood :)

• Advertisement

Apologies. The uderside is euro style. The top side is US style. I misunderstood :)

Damn it then!
    Could have saved me Dremelling the backside out of my poor Snes!

Right. Bad news it seems to be dead as a doornail. Black screen on start. Tried with a few nes/snes/famicom games. A us snes game and 2 tvs. Same..any ideas?:(

Right. Bad news it seems to be dead as a doornail. Black screen on start. Tried with a few nes/snes/famicom games. A us snes game and 2 tvs. Same..any ideas?:(

Hmm just noticed ive an nes psu . Not the snes one. Normally works fine but the super 8 might want the correct one....and ive a horrible suspicion I gave away my snes psu. Aus I cant find one and have 2 nes ones...yeah looks like I did thinking it was a nrs one...doh!

Hmm just noticed ive an nes psu . Not the snes one. Normally works fine but the super 8 might want the correct one....and ive a horrible suspicion I gave away my snes psu. Aus I cant find one and have 2 nes ones...yeah looks like I did thinking it was a nrs one...doh!

Hopefully that's it. I only ever used it on my us snes that has region and 50/60hz switch. I would imagine its working cause it looks like a fairly solid built thing :)

I used it like 3 times then boxed it by my snes until this weekend. I could take it back and test but that'd be a we weeks most likely.

Hopefully that's it. I only ever used it on my us snes that has region and 50/60hz switch. I would imagine its working cause it looks like a fairly solid built thing :)

I used it like 3 times then boxed it by my snes until this weekend. I could take it back and test but that'd be a we weeks most likely.
    one thing just occured to me ?were you using it in pal/50hz mode? I dont have a US Snes , just a bog standard PAL one

• Advertisement

one thing just occured to me ?were you using it in pal/50hz mode? I dont have a US Snes , just a bog standard PAL one

Eh. Good question. I have no idea tbh. If you google it you can see pics of it on an NTSC and PAL SNES.

Eh. Good question. I have no idea tbh. If you google it you can see pics of it on an NTSC and PAL SNES.
    Ah yeah. Problem is theres a pal and a ntsc version. So it depends which version this is.! May have a lend of a snes psu to test. (If my mate can find it)
    update: just tried it on another tv , you can see ut try to start with a garbled b/w screen , then black , then the same attempt at a screen.
    Hopefully its just down to it not being the right ampage (the snes psu is 1.5 amp whereas the nes is 1.3 not much more but the NES psu might be just to little) if I can get my hands on the snes psu at the weekend I can let you know

Advertisement