Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asus transformer - charging

Options
  • 29-05-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,370 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if this is the correct forum for this question but here goes anyway. ...

I have an Asus eee transformer tablet, and lost the charger. Naturally the power ran down on the tablet and it died.

I've now got a replacement usb charger, but I can't seem to start the tablet up again.

When I plug the charger in, a battery signal shows briefly on the screen, with a portion showing red (presumably battery life critical). But it's been plugged in over half an hour now and that's still all I can get.

Normally it starts up by holding the power button for a few seconds but that's not happening. The wall plug into which the usb cable is plugged is definitely working, and I'd have thought that the fact that plugging the cable into the tablet brings up the battery symbol means that the cable is working as well. ....

Has anyone any suggestions? Possibly I'm missing something obvious here, I certainly hope so anyway!

Hoping someone can help. ... I want my tablet back! !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Leave it plugged in for a good few hours. Possibly overnight.

I remember I got my Transformer prime in USA and it was dead, it did power on but to recognize the charger I had to leave it plugged in for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,370 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ta for that, but turns out it's my own stupidity.

Who knew that you couldn't just plug a usb cable into an adapter plug and plug it into the wall? (clue, not me anyway :D)

Thanks to a quite bizarre email conversation with the seller of the cable in Hong Kong very late last night, I am now clearer as to what is actually required.

And am awaiting delivery of a PROPER charger from ebay :D:D

One of these days I'll learn.....

Advertisement