Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB business bank account - How long?

Options
  • 29-05-2013 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to open a business bank account with AIB? A LTD one?

I opened one 4 weeks ago and only received a cheque book in the post. No internet banking details and no card. I am just wondering is this normal?

I haven't even received a letter to say if its open or not.

I have rang AIB bank twice and waiting on a call back still. I am going in tomorrow to see what the story is but maybe this is normal?

I have only experience opening personal accounts and usually they send out pins/cards/internet banking etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

If you have a cheque book that means the account is open. I would have thought you'd get a letter with account details, etc. The cards may depend on what you specified on the application and the type of account, and internet banking is different for business accounts and attracts hefty maintenance fees so its not an automatic registration.

That's pretty poor service anyway and you should let them know it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭quikquest

thanks for that. Yes I was thinking it was pretty poor but then I was thinking maybe business accounts you don't get the letter/card etc. I did ask for a card when i opened the bank account.

I rang again this morning and told I will get a call back again :rolleyes: Going to go in later. Might just close it and open it with Ulster Bank or BOI if this is going to be the way it is.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

AIB Business account on a partnership took two days for me to get an account number (which was all I needed for now).
    The card and internet banking details are in the mail.

I opened the account in the branch where I hold my current account.

Advertisement