Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Partner working and I am on JSA

• 29-05-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey all

My partner got a new job this week and will be earning around 400 a week ( max)

I am on Job Seekers Allowance at the moment and we are living together too. I was just wondering how this would affect my payment?

Will I get cut off completely from the dole as he is earning a wage?
    I don't understand how it works?

Thanks

Dani

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

No, you won't be cut off. But your JSA will be re-assessed using your partner's means.

Have you told Welfare yet? You'l need to submit your partner's wage slip for them to work out your new rate. It'll be about E150 for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dani27

He is starting next Monday so we are going in tomorrow.
    We are already on the 156 a week for cohabiting rate, so I was worried Id loose more money.
    Well it still be around 150

Forgot to ask how will it be assessed from his means? I worked it out from the welfare site and it looked like id get 50 a week? so confused!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Gross pay less prsi,minus €60 (disregard)get 60% of what is left,that is your means.The max payment for a couple is €312.80 subtract your means from that to get your weekly payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

State limit for couples is E312.80 pw. As your partner will be working, your start point is E188.

To work out means: Take your partner's GROSS wage, less PRSI, less E60 (E20 daily to a maximum of E60). The balance will be assessed at 60% of that total. That's your means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

dani27 wrote: »
    He is starting next Monday so we are going in tomorrow.
    We are already on the 156 a week for cohabiting rate, so I was worried Id loose more money.
    Well it still be around 150

Do you both have your own jsa claims? It sounds like you do as you are quoting €156. If you are his claim will be closed as he is working full time but you will now have a starting point of personal rate €188 and adult dependant €124.80= €312.80. If his gross is €400 then there will be a disregard of €60 leaving €340 and then 60% of this figure is assessed as means...this amount €204 is deducted from €312.80 leaving you with jsa of €108.80 approx.

sorry have ye know thanks a million lads

Advertisement