Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rump Cap

Options
  • 29-05-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Was looking at a thread today about Wholesale butchers and Rump Cap beef came up, Is it called something else in the Butchers.
    Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Sorry, I haven't heard of it before but if you can find your way back to that thread, could you ask for more detail?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Known as picanah in Argentina. Here, it is usually sold as part of the sirloin .
    Very nice cut of steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Do you think a Butcher would cut it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Known as picanah in Argentina. Here, it is usually sold as part of the sirloin .
    Very nice cut of steak.

Picanha is a brazilian cut. There is (or was until I left last yr) a Brazilian shop on clarendon st which sells those cuts. They are all labelled, you can pick up a whack of picana there...we used it for a BBQ last year, cut into strips. It was excellent quality and flew off the plates !

I reckon it is Irish beef cut in the Brazilian style.

In Argentina it is called 'Tapa de Caudril' ...same cut, but not as popular here as in Brazil.

ps..if you are going to BBQ it, def by some of the 'carbon' from that shop, it's really really good for BBQ fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Cheers will pop up there tomorrow.
    Thanks to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I am pie wrote: »
    Picanha is a brazilian cut.

Whoops, mixing up my American countries!

Any modern, enthusiastic butcher should be able to do it for you.
    I've gotten it from O'Mahony's in The English Market, Cork.

Advertisement