Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fibre

• 29-05-2013 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭

If fibre is installed will the current cable from the phone socket to the modem which is 20ft away do or is a new cable needed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

ofcork wrote: »
    If fibre is installed will the current cable from the phone socket to the modem which is 20ft away do or is a new cable needed.

The cable would do, but you can request to have the ntu located located in or closer to living room/tv room space where you may have the modem situated.

Read the article here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ofcork

Thanks for that its vodafone im with anyway but my modem is upstairs next to pc so will be ok,could do with new phone socket as the one i have is an origina telecom eireann one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Thanks for that its vodafone im with anyway but my modem is upstairs next to pc so will be ok,could do with new phone socket as the one i have is an origina telecom eireann one!

^_^ The old TE socket would be changed to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Well not wishing to be a pedant but I will be anyway, this is not a fibre rollout it's a fibre to the cabinet rollout...it's still copper to the home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ofcork

Oh i know that but it will be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Oh i know that but it will be better.

Shouldn't that be "it will be 'up to' better"? :P

Advertisement