Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New UPC router ( upgrade install question )

• 29-05-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Hey.

I've had the old modem for years and just got the new one. It's a Technicolor tc7200

My old one was working fine.. but I couldn't get close to my 100MB line speed.

When it came I turned off all the power to UPC box etc and disconnected the white screw in cable from the old modem and screwed it into the new one.. connected the power and the US and DS lights keep flashing.

I tried connecting it straight into the wall outlet and I still got the flashing US and DS .. and obv there is no brandband.

any ideas whats going on ?

I popped the old modem back in to post this and there's no problems.

any tips would be great.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

NeVeR wrote: »
    Hey.

I've had the old modem for years and just got the new one. It's a Technicolor tc7200

My old one was working fine.. but I couldn't get close to my 100MB line speed.

When it came I turned off all the power to UPC box etc and disconnected the white screw in cable from the old modem and screwed it into the new one.. connected the power and the US and DS lights keep flashing.

I tried connecting it straight into the wall outlet and I still got the flashing US and DS .. and obv there is no brandband.

any ideas whats going on ?

I popped the old modem back in to post this and there's no problems.

any tips would be great.
    thanks.

Hi

It is possible that UPC may have to activate your new modem after you connect it up. Contact them on freefone 1908 to be sure.

Regards

Advertisement