Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nct doe

• 29-05-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

ok i am thinking of buying a small fiesta car/van i have been told that these type of small vans are exempt from any test as in d.o.e or n.c.t ,can anybody shed some light on this subject for me as i dont want to get in trouble with the law ,thanks ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

If it's one of these you don't need any test, anything after this model is subject to NCT/DOE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

^^^^ what he said. They closed that little loophole a couple of years ago.
    All vans (even car-derived ones) must be DoE'ed.

Up until then it was only vans over a certain Gross Weight that needed to be tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 redhead33

sound buddy ,i had 1991 fiesta van before and had no test and nothin was ever said to me but laws prob changed ,gettin different answers from different people past few days ,dont wanna end up with points on my licence ..

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    ^^^^ what he said. They closed that little loophole a couple of years ago.
    All vans (even car-derived ones) must be DoE'ed.

Up until then it was only vans over a certain Gross Weight that needed to be tested.

thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

ALL vans, any size require DOE testing..

• Advertisement

MidlandsM wrote: »
    ALL vans, any size require DOE testing..

thanks ..

Advertisement