Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DH Gate

Options
  • 29-05-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I plan on buying numerous things on DH Gate and then selling them on eBay and I have a few questions. The total of my order would be $395. There are 7 different small items like iPhone cases and chargers. Each coming from a different seller and in different parcels.
    The highest order would be 50 sets of earphones at $149 and the rest coming in around $50. All of them claim to have free shipping.

How much customs duty and import tax etc. should I expect to pay on them?
    Is their free shipping reliable?
    Any advice in regards to eBay?
    Would I be better off using a parcel motel and sending through the UK?
    I know counterfeit items will be most likely seized but is there any other items that would be seized?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Evan973 wrote: »
    I plan on buying numerous things on DH Gate and then selling them on eBay and I have a few questions. The total of my order would be $395. There are 7 different small items like iPhone cases and chargers. Each coming from a different seller and in different parcels.
    The highest order would be 50 sets of earphones at $149 and the rest coming in around $50. All of them claim to have free shipping.

How much customs duty and import tax etc. should I expect to pay on them?
    Is their free shipping reliable?
    Any advice in regards to eBay?
    Would I be better off using a parcel motel and sending through the UK?
    I know counterfeit items will be most likely seized but is there any other items that would be seized?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Evan
    First off I would recommend buying 5 of each item to start of with just to see if there is a demand for them.
    Free shipping is reliable just takes a while a few weeks at most.
    With free shipping the customs tax is the same as with all importing. You pay 23% vat on items under the value of €150 . If the value of the item is over €150 you are then liable for customs duty which varies but for most electronics is 14%.
    With free shipping you are mostly buying in small bulk so more often than not you won't get charged customs duty. If you ship via a courier you will more than always pay some charge. I don't see why you would need to go the parcel motel route. ? Any specific questions on eBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Evan973

Dazza wrote: »
    Hi Evan
    First off I would recommend buying 5 of each item to start of with just to see if there is a demand for them.
    Free shipping is reliable just takes a while a few weeks at most.
    With free shipping the customs tax is the same as with all importing. You pay 23% vat on items under the value of €150 . If the value of the item is over €150 you are then liable for customs duty which varies but for most electronics is 14%.
    With free shipping you are mostly buying in small bulk so more often than not you won't get charged customs duty. If you ship via a courier you will more than always pay some charge. I don't see why you would need to go the parcel motel route. ? Any specific questions on eBay?

Thanks for replying. Should I use ebay.ie or ebay.com? Would I be better off using a website like adverts.ie? Is it true that VAT under €9 is waived?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Evan973 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying. Should I use ebay.ie or ebay.com? Would I be better off using a website like adverts.ie? Is it true that VAT under €9 is waived?:)

ebay.ie should be fine.
    You should use adverts.ie alongside ebay. Im not sure about that VAT question but in my experience anything under 20 dollars is no vat.

Advertisement