Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrounging for a spare part ...

Options
  • 29-05-2013 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Hi boys and girls ...

I'm having a problem with my printer and I have narrowed down the cause of the problem to its print head. Sadly, though, print heads are prohibitively expensive and at the moment I can't afford to go buy a new printer either.

So now what?

Well, here's an idea. Perhaps YOU have, or you know somebody who has, an old printer that you/they are getting rid of, for any reason other than that its printing functionality has gone FUBAR, of course. Perhaps you're upgrading to a newer model even though your old printer is still - sort of - working, or perhaps it's one of those that prints, copies and scans and, say, scanner part has gone bye-bye or it's a wireless one and its wireless ability is on the blink. Whatever, as long as its PRINT HEAD is still in working order ...

The printhead itself, well, it's a CANON printhead, part number QY6-0061-000

If you are (or you know of someone who may be) getting rid of any of the following CANON printer models:

Canon Pixma iP4300
    Canon Pixma iP5200 or iP5200R
    Canon Pixma MP600 or MP600R
    Canon Pixma MP800 or MP800R <-- that's mine!
    Canon Pixma MP830

.... please let me know. If you're going to dump the thing anyway, wouldn't you like to know that at least one part of it is going to get a second life? I'm afraid I don't have a lot of cash to part with, but I'll be happy to do all the running around in order to take it off your hands.

Many thanks

Pino

Advertisement