Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good date pubs in Limerick

• 29-05-2013 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

So,heading along on a first date next week,yay!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good pubs/bar for a date? I don't want anyplace too busy or where we can't sit down,with a nice,friendly atmosphere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

curragower

DO NOT go to Tom Collins. The seats along the wall are literally a pain in the hole to sit on. DO NOT go to Mickey Martins. Too many wannabee hipsters and hipsters to ruin your buzz. Though it will be fine on a mid week night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try one of the trad pubs like Michael Flannery's on Denmark Street or Paddy Frawley's on Thomas Street. What type of crowd is in there will really depends on what night you go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

seachto7 wrote: »
    curragower

DO NOT go to Tom Collins. The seats along the wall are literally a pain in the hole to sit on. DO NOT go to Mickey Martins. Too many wannabee hipsters and hipsters to ruin your buzz. Though it will be fine on a mid week night.

Hmmm was in curragower tonight,and I think it might be too quiet,not much of a buzz. Though I do love it. I think id prefer pub right in town as well. What about The blind pig?

Yeah, Blind Pig is fine. Just watch out the guys running it don't try to chat up your date! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

panda100 wrote: »
    So,heading along on a first date next week,yay!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good pubs/bar for a date? I don't want anyplace too busy or where we can't sit down,with a nice,friendly atmosphere.

What night if you want it not to be too busy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Bourkes would be my shout. That or Phil Flannerys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

seachto7 wrote: »
    DO NOT go to Mickey Martins. Too many wannabee hipsters and hipsters to ruin your buzz. .

Hey :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Jerry Flannerys, Bourkes or the White House (worked for me) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Jerry Flannerys (Fla's) is probably the best out of the above.

Dont think Bourkes is great tbh, mickeys isnt bad I suppose, and Michael Flannerys is quite good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Java's used to be great for this sort of thing back in the day as pubs were hit or miss depending on each other's taste. This town needs another Java's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bazz26 wrote: »
    Java's used to be great for this sort of thing back in the day as pubs were hit or miss depending on each other's taste. This town needs another Java's.

It needs the old Quins and the old Javas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Kess73 wrote: »
    It needs the old Quins and the old Javas.

Most definitely on both, but especially Quins.....
    A hole that has never been filled in Limerick, probably the most diverse range of regulars ever, anywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

banie01 wrote: »
    Most definitely on both, but especially Quins.....
    A hole that has never been filled in Limerick, probably the most diverse range of regulars ever, anywhere!

Just as the Walkabout Creek Hotel had a Donk, Quins had a Kess for a number of glorious summers. :) The drinks were cold, the ladies were nice, and Christy was there to be the Mancunian loving voice to my Scouse accent. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is that a flying doctors ref???
    Christ now I feel old :-S I must engage the memory banks and see if I can place ya ;-)! Haha
    I remember back in 2004 I had Steven open early on a Sunday for my sons christening....
    1st time in years theyd opened before 7pm on a Sunday :-)
    And Christy spent more time unsnapping passing bar girls bra's than he ever did appreciating accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Jerry Flannerys, Bourkes or the White House (worked for me) :D

White House is great suggestion. I didn't even think of that!Thanks all :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nuxer Ryan's. Elite clientelle. Charming ambience.

Nuxer Ryan's. Elite clientelle. Charming ambience.

I second that

Advertisement