Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying games from amazon.com

• 29-05-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but just thought this one would suit best for my question.

I see people mentioning buying games on amazon.com through digital distribution and was wondering how that is done?

Im currently a member of amazon.co.uk but would definitely like to have amazon.com as an option when buying games,they have some great value from what i can see

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just log in to Amazon.com using your Amazon.co.uk account details. Then you just need to add a US address to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Its that easy?

Is there any issues using an irish credit card?
    Would any american address do?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

EoinHef wrote: »
    Its that easy?

Is there any issues using an irish credit card?
    Would any american address do?

No issue with Irish cards and any address will do. It's best to pick one in new Hampshire as there is no sales tax there.

Ok cheers man,thanks for the info.
    Night off tomorrow so try it then.

Do you know if they sell dlc?

Bought Skyrim on ps3 xbox360 and now the pc so dont fancy paying full price for dlc!! Bethesda already have enough of my money!!
    Steam doesn seem to put the dlc on sale very often

Just trying to enter american address in amazon.com usins my .co.uk details.
    Only option i seem to be getting is totally replacing my billing address,is this the correct way? Will that affect my .co.uk deliveries or is that a seperate address for delivery not billing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you are better off just setting up a .com account

does anyone know the zip code for any of the tax free states as I have always just used 90210?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Skerries wrote: »
    you are better off just setting up a .com account

does anyone know the zip code for any of the tax free states as I have always just used 90210?

Just do a search for hotels in the area ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Amazon.com is fantastic.

I have bought over 20 games over the past few days with these sales.

Part of me is loving it - Part of me is wondering how I suddenly have all this spare money for games...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Danger781 wrote: »
    Part of me is loving it - Part of me is wondering how I suddenly have all this spare money for games...

DANGER, WILL ROBINSON Danger781!

Have you had a hit off a steam sale yet?

You don't know what yer missing buuuuuuud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

DANGER, WILL ROBINSON Danger781!

Have you had a hit off a steam sale yet?

You don't know what yer missing buuuuuuud!

I've tested the waters once or twice but never really got into it.. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement