Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer waiving notice period - my rights

Options
  • 29-05-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Happily I'm handing in my 1 week notice tomorrow morning to my employer. Things have been on bad terms recently and I'm afraid that he will tell me to leave immediately and will not pay me for this week and/or next week ie, my notice period.
    I'm quite happy to work out my notice period as my new job is not starting for a couple of weeks and to be honest we need the money.
    Can anyone tell me what my rights are? Would like to have this discussion in the morning knowing what I am entitled to.
    Thanks

**Apologies, posted initally in wrong forum so re-posted here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

He will still owe you the money as long as you are giving the correct amount of notice according to your contract.

If you are left short wages and holidays you can make a claim after 14 days to Nera.

More details here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84763433&postcount=3

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shalashaska

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    He will still owe you the money as long as you are giving the correct amount of notice according to your contract.

If you are left short wages and holidays you can make a claim after 14 days to Nera.

More details here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84763433&postcount=3

As above, your employer will have to pay you for your notice. Now, he could ask you to leave when you give him your notice but he would have to pay out your notice plus unused annual leave if he chooses to do so. Either way, you should not be out of pocket for the period of notice.

Advertisement