Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ombre to Red Hair Dye

• 29-05-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39

Hey :)

I need a little help/advice with regards my hair.

I had my hair dyed about four/five weeks ago (ombre style - my original dark brown on top and gradient blonde effect downwards). I'm not too fond of it tbh and I would really like to dye my hair a cherry red colour (I had this colour before and I much prefer it to the ombre style).

The thing is I don't know how to go about dying it a reddish colour.

Like say I get the Colour B4 kit, would I put that all over my head (including my original dark brown roots) or just the blonde lengths? And then once the colour's all the same dye it the reddish colour?

I'm worried my hair will turn completely different colours, bits of brown and red or blonde even, especially as I want to dye it a red tone, but red runs quickly so I'm a bit worried the colour of the blonde will stay and make an appearance sooner or later.

I just want to get my original colour back, top and bottom and then dye it red.

Any help? :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Colour b4 will only remove hair dye, it is not supposed to change your natural colour....now in my experience it did make my brown roots take on a slightly red tint but technically it's not supposed to do that. If you put it over the blonde bits then all it will do is take the blonde dye out, the hair will still be bleached under it so I really don't think that's what you are looking for at all!

The guy who originally developed colour b4 is no longer is associated with that product but he has a new similar product out called decolour remover and he sells some other things that will put pigment back into your hair, maybe something like that would work for you? He's on facebook and always answers peoples questions and seems to really know his stuff. He also recommends other brands, not just his own.

He's very good for answering questions so you should contact his page

https://www.facebook.com/ScottCornwallHair?fref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 KillMona

Tayla wrote: »
    Colour b4 will only remove hair dye, it is not supposed to change your natural colour....now in my experience it did make my brown roots take on a slightly red tint but technically it's not supposed to do that. If you put it over the blonde bits then all it will do is take the blonde dye out, the hair will still be bleached under it so I really don't think that's what you are looking for at all!

The guy who originally developed colour b4 is no longer is associated with that product but he has a new similar product out called decolour remover and he sells some other things that will put pigment back into your hair, maybe something like that would work for you? He's on facebook and always answers peoples questions and seems to really know his stuff. He also recommends other brands, not just his own.

He's very good for answering questions so you should contact his page

https://www.facebook.com/ScottCornwallHair?fref=ts

Oh God! I keep forgetting the ends were bleached! First time ever going near bleach, so I forget that it's not just regular dye. Thank God I didn't do that!

Oh I never heard of either, I checked it out there, both look good. I'll ask on his Facebook page to see which would suit better. :)

Thank you! :)

Advertisement