Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky internet

• 29-05-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

well can any body tell me what sky internet is like is it better than upc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭lertsnim

UPC wipes the floor with it in terms of speed. Sky is via a phone line afterall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

UPC were great when I was with them previously unfortunately not available in all areas and they dont seem to be expanding their networks. I recently moved to new estate and they service only half of it and no plans to roll out to remaining houses.

I'm currently with Sky and all I can say is avoid for now! Other broadband providers have started to upgrade their customers for free to fibre broadband but Sky have said they have no plans to do so at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ozzie123

UPC were great when I was with them previously unfortunately not available in all areas and they dont seem to be expanding their networks. I recently moved to new estate and they service only half of it and no plans to roll out to remaining houses.

I'm currently with Sky and all I can say is avoid for now! Other broadband providers have started to upgrade their customers for free to fibre broadband but Sky have said they have no plans to do so at present.

yeah i think i will keep looking and c what the other internet have 2 offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Already posted by another poster that Sky have confirmed that they will be entering the broadband market pretty soon. How soon is pretty soon is the big question.

EDIT: I see in your own thread that you've had a reply from Sky.

Advertisement