Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some photo's from the weekends Phoenix comp. in Bisley

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Well done Clive, fantastic result from all the Irish Lads who went over there, and a great boost for all involved in Harbour House to have such highly ranked lads among us too. Will have to charge a €1 now to get a pic taken with ya and another one to get your autograph.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Very well done to all, and especially clive. That is a nice haul from someone, by his own words, has not been too long at the sport.

Could you do me a favour. Just give a quick run down of the events, calibers used, and type of shooting. I see the picture of you using the sticks, and never seen it before.

Thanks, and well done again.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

SO many disciplines that I can't list them all, but will describe the details I did.
    First off they shoot Gallery Rifle in small bore and centerfire. Shotgun out to 200m, FTR, black powder rifles and revolvers, prone 1000y with peep sights ................ and more.

Download the Gallery Rifle & Pistol and Phoenix booklets here
    http://www.nasrpc.ie/documents.

You see me practicing for the 'Sporting Rifle' comp. open to any varmint or deer caliber bolt action rifle, shot over 100m, 200m, and 300m

Match 1
    5 shots in 30sec @100m standing off sticks, shot twice
    Wessex target with scoring center of 3x7 1/2" worth 5 points.
    Match 2
    10 shots in 12min @200 standing off sticks
    3" v-bull worth 7 points
    Match 3
    10 shots in 12mins @300m prone
    4" v-bull worth 7 points.

I dropped 1 in match 1, 6 in match 2, and 2 in match 3, giving a total of 181.

Other matches I shot were, advancing target, running target, barricade, falling plates, and Gallery Rifle small bore and centerfire 1500.

We are now starting training sessions at Harbour House in Gallery Rifle for the up-coming Irish International open to be held at Harbour House Shooting Club in July.

These are the best shooting competitions by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Deadly Clive well done the falling plates are great crack. I might pop down to HH and look at ye practicing one day.

Deadly Clive well done the falling plates are great crack. I might pop down to HH and look at ye practicing one day.

More than welcome to come down. :):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭johnny_doyle

well done. That's a very nice haul.

I'm at the other end of the spectrum - just about to do my first competition (if selected), a falling plates at Bisley later this month.

well done. That's a very nice haul.

I'm at the other end of the spectrum - just about to do my first competition (if selected), a falling plates at Bisley later this month.

Good on ya. You will enjoy the comp.
    Just remember you have plenty of time so use all of it. :):):)

Advertisement